• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed and Alcohol

fijimountains

Greenlighter
So I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience while drinking and smoking. I find that if I drink a lot and end up getting pretty drunk, smoking weed after that will help me sober up. It also helps me to remember a lot more from the night. Everyone else that I talk to though usually says that they end up getting pretty sick or getting the spins. Does smoking after drinking every help any of you to sober up?

I've heard this little ditty----

Weed before beer, you're in the clear
Beer before weed, you're gonna need (a bucket)

I have a slight preference to smoke before I crack a beer; I find a somewhat lessened likelihood of becoming a zombie. But no, no effect on sobering up for me.

Tom

When I smoke before I drink the buzz is much more mellow and I can drink and not get the spins. But if I were to get drunk and then smoke after, it doesn't take much to fuck my shit up. Spins and intense intoxication.

My friend says smoking after sobers him up but he's a special case when it comes to the herb. Uses it to study n shit.

I prefer to smoke after as the buzz is much more euphoric. :D

Yes I have a fair amount of experience combining both drugs.

Cannabis and small amounts of beer would make me feel slightly sober, or I would need more herb to get stoned even if I'd already smoked and was high.

Cannabis and small amounts of liquor go well together; but be careful you don't wind up drinking too much if you're at a party or bar setting.

When I was into smoking herb and drank alcohol I would smoke herb at parties with friends after drinking, and sometimes alone or with friends after coming home from a bar on the weekend.

I never got sick from combining the two, or got the spins. But I have had the spins and felt sick from drinking way too much alcohol.

I've heard this little ditty----

Weed before beer, you're in the clear
Beer before weed, you're gonna need (a bucket)

I have a slight preference to smoke before I crack a beer; I find a somewhat lessened likelihood of becoming a zombie. But no, no effect on sobering up for me.

Tom

i heard a similar rhyme ("you're fucked indeed" instead of "you're gonna need..."), and seen a lot of green outs from people toking after drinking. personally i like the effects of toking after drinking but i never have more than a drink or two so it provides a nice lift. drinking after toking just feels like a waste of alcohol.

When I usually got sick smoking while pretty hammered was because it unleashed a fiend in me that needed to smoke too much in case I didn't get enough.This usually ended up in the spins or puking.As someone with anxiety who smoked weed daily even though it wasnt helping I liked when I hit this 'spot' where I was hammered and baked but completely clear headed.I also found I was on top of my pool game after 3 beers and a joint.Eventually I couldnt drink without smoking I needed both.

Now a days I don't smoke and liquor doesn't do much for me but I like the taste of a cold beer.

i If i drink a lot, I feel like it the alcohol kinda kills my high. Like the more drunk i get the less high i am.

I've always enjoyed this combination either way round and never experience any nausea, if anything i feel significantly less nauseous off the alcohol + weed combo than I would off booze by itself, i'm not a huge fan of getting really smashed though so YMMV

I seldom get sick from drinking alcohol, with or without cannabis. In my experience, alcohol combined with weed only produces more sedation than would either drug by itself.

Perhaps I drink too much to notice the sobering effects of weed, but only drugs like cocaine or amphetamines seem effective at making me un-drunk.

Last edited:
Whether I smoke before or after I drink I always get tired and sluggish. I typically won't smoke until the end of the night when I'm ready to relax and pass out. It definitely doesn't sober me up at all.

i like drinking and smoking when i'm on stimulants. i'm usually on stimulants so ya, i smoke weed and drink beers a lot.

if i'm not on uppers the combo makes me pass the fuck out for 2-3 hours.

Get drunk and then smoke a spliff (or many ones) to archive the best effect, that's how i like to do it but respect your tolerance or you'll get too fucked up.

I don't really have a prefference to which comes first, booze or MJ, both when combined seem to have the same effect in the end for me, which is the uninhibited giddiness of being drunk usually with the body effects of MJ being dominant above the head space.

If I am really drunk (not TOO drunk, but almost) marijuana will help stop the dizzyness and nausea. If I am way too drunk, smoking anything usually makes it worse.