• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed abnormality? Question

DocDRDoc

Bluelighter
So, I'd like to consider myself pretty well versed on the topic of Cannabis...but a recent pickup has baffled me.

I picked up a strain "Brainstorm Haze" from a very reliable source, who get's it direct. The bud is beautiful. Denser then a typical sativa, but absolutely coated in frosting. It looks great, it tastes great and overall is a very pleasant and uplifting smoke. BUT....

THE SHIT HAS NO SMELL AT ALL. It literally has no dank smell to it at all, and yet it looks and tastes like top shelf dank.

I've never encountered this before, and it really baffles me.

Would anybody know anything about what could cause this? A dank that has no smell.

idk what causes it but I've encountered dank ass nugs that smell like straight up hay multiple times.

Seriously. Smells like hay, looks like kill. Usually damn good smoke but it always fucks with my head, making me think my most reliable weed-man ever just fucked me or some shit.

Decarbed buds, maybe? I really don't know.

I've seen dank buds that smell like detergent.

Just smoke it. It has no use just sitting there anyway. Unless you just like to look at your drugs? There's people like that man.....

idk what causes it but I've encountered dank ass nugs that smell like straight up hay multiple times.

Seriously. Smells like hay, looks like kill. Usually damn good smoke but it always fucks with my head, making me think my most reliable weed-man ever just fucked me or some shit.

Decarbed buds, maybe? I really don't know.

Yeah, Decarbed buds came to mind but there's no way this bud is decarbed. But it definitely fucks with my head...since I've been going to this guy for half a decade now.

DAMN FINE SMOKE THO, AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS IN THE END....right?

It's probably just that plant's genetics, not all good weed stinks. Had some hashplant with hardly any smell but it was still killer bud.

Direct from where...? There is no single source for cannabis, and you didn't give your location..

Probably didn't get a good cure.
I've also heard of issues in Colorado with the industrial processes that it doesn't get a strong smell (high pH wash before harvest)

I've encountered similar, the last two strains I had were fire as fuck but didn't smell. I guess it's a plus, much easier to hide.

Is the bud like crispy dry? If so thats why. I purposely would leave nugs in a envelope to where they became bone dry thus removing the smell so i can sneak it around my gf. The smell will somewhat come thru when smoked, but just breaking it up you couldn't smell it.

no worries i think the grower just dident cure it right or it was stored in a very bad place...proubly dident get handled right either way if its killa and u smoked it thats good :) just in the future if they got buds that arnt up to your standards just try someone else deftinaly if its fucking with your mind

Thanks for the responses guys, it definitely had to come down from the cure, but it also came from Colorado which noted above could involve the pH levels in the growing process.

But still, I'm a little spoiled so I can't complain anymore.

A water cure is the only way I know how to cure bud to make no smell. I don't see how else the cure can be at fault for producing no smell.

The only time I've ever seen pot that doesn't smell is from over-dried or water cured bud.

I think it's most likely genetics of the plant if there's no smell or very little smell. Only bud I've had that wasn't smelly was some hashplant that some friends of mine grew, I know it was grown & cured properly, had different weed off them that stunk.