• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weaning off subutex? Tips? Please help i want off

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Long story short i was addicted to opana and oxycodone for 6 years. Ive been on subutex for a year and a half. 3 8 mg pills a day. I already can get by on 2 day. I can do 1 a day but i still feel normal i just have the chills and have no motivation. I havent started weaning from 3 a day yet but I had to do 2 a day sometimes or 1 a day sometimes because I ran low on my script. Ive relapsed 7 times in a year and half. But im 6 months strong with just the subutex. And im ready to be completely sober plus I cant afford 410$ a month anymore just to feel normal. How do i wean off of this crap without going through hellish withdrawls. Idc if it takes 6 months to wean off, I want to do it slow and jump off at like half a milligram. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks blueligh is the best! Please help me in starting college soon and i need a clear mind to do that. Thanks again

Screw subutex never worked for me. Was an oppiate addict for 8 years, 3 years with pills and 5 with heroin.... Methadone clinics are where its at. If you have access its free. Free ride there and back home...you can still use. It gives u a great buzz. I feel completely normal like before my addicton .zero wothdrawals.

I want to quit eveything man im sick of this miserable depressed road ive been on for almost 7 year. Your reply never answered how to wean off subutex. Btw buddy I know my opiates and methadone wd is the worst withdrawl you will ever feel, i have friends that withdrawl from methdone for over 6 months. So no i decline methodone. Anyone else have a taper plan or advice please?

Ya methadone and still being able to use is not st all what this guy wants lol. I get where you’re at man, I’m the same way. I’m not interested in getting high or ‘staying well’. I’d rather be clean and ‘stay well’ for free every day lol. You know I don’t have experience with bupe or subutex really, but opiates are opiates and I’ve been on them for 7 years straight. I’ve always hated subuxone because I didn’t understand the point of it to be honest. I always kept a stash in case I didn’t have my regular opiates, but even when I’d run out of regular opiates and go through withdrawals I’d never wanna take subuxone due to the blocking effects cause I always thought in a few hours I’d score somehow and regret that I can’t grt high because of subuxone.
I have some subuxone strips that I got on the streets In 2012-2013 and have an expiration date on the back for 2014 lol it’s almost 2019 and I never opened it. Even now I’m tapering opiates but tapering IV heroin, even though it sounds super unstable, I’m so driven and focused on being able to wake up without having to throw up, sweat, shake, or puke. Or to be able to go to sleep naturally for the first time in almost a decade. This is what keeps me going. Remind yourself that. Cause I know how much subuxone prescriptions cost my friends it was like 360$-$430$ was the number I heard monthly. That’s basically what it costs me to stay ‘normal’ with street heroin. 15$ a day is not gonna get me high but I won’t be dying sick, just like subuxone. The problem is subuxone half life and the withdrawal is long like shit methadone liquid handcuffs. So to be honest I’d taper similarly to Ashton manual for benzos because the withdrawals for Valium is long too and they seem to fit a similar % reduction and schedule overall, just one is a benzo one an opiate.
I’m definitely considering quitting my 0.1-0.2 of heroin I’m using and switch to the subuxone/subutex I have but if I can I’m just gonna try to quit cold turkey. It’s better than when I had to take 0.5-0.8 a day to feel normal. Just remember any amount you can Lower is progress. Your main goal is to lower but maintain, not to lower quickly only to fuck up and retake a high dose after you tapered for weeks. Main goal is consistency and progress not speed I feel. For starters try dropping 1-2 mgs and stay with a new dose until you can drop more. At 16 mgs a day I don’t see 1-2 mgs drop being a big drop, of course until you hit like 8 mgs a day you’ll wanna only drop 0.5 mgs a time. I’m no subuxone or bupe expert but I have an extensive ass opiate record and withdrawal record.
I apoligze for rambling on randomly but I’m just trying to be as helpful as possible to my fellow bluelighters kicking.

here’s what I found that could fit your situation
Initial Dose: 16 mg/day
  • Day 1: An immediate reduction of 25 percent resulting, in 12 mg/day
  • Day 6: Reduce dose from 12 mg/day to 8 mg/day
  • Day 11: 4 mg/day
  • Day 16: 2 mg/day
  • Day 24: 1.50 mg/day
  • Day 31: 1 mg/day
  • Day 39: 0.75 mg/day
  • Day 45: 0.50 mg/day
  • Day 51: 0.25 mg/day
  • Day 56: 0.13 mg/day
  • Day 60: 0 mg/day

Look up Robert_325's plan online. He helped many come off with his guidance. I think he left for ministry but the old threads are still relevant. I think he was at drugs.com?