• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weaning myself off oxycodone?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so i do approx 50 mg oxycodone a day...i have 60 mg left...3 roxy 10s and 3 perc 10s. Is there anyway i can wean my self off with that little bit...so withdrawl won't be terrible?

About a year. Been doing oxycodone tho for 2 years. It varies how much i do sometimes 70

I would try a 3-4 day taper and just tough it out the rest of the way maybe with a couple benzos to relax but not switching one habit for another of course. Maybe 10mg when it starts getting bad then 7.5 before you go to sleep. then 7.5 the next day then 5 before you sleep. The next day 5 then 5 before you sleep.

I would go another step further and only use 2.5mg a day until you're out. I know that choppin up iddy buddy pieces of pill feels stupid and pointless but this way you would have 12 day before jumping completely. No matter how you do this its gonna involve some withdrawal pain. So that's my suggestion.

Plan A:
You could take 5mg a day for six days, and it would ween you to some degree but not much. So you'd have 6 days of "meh lemme go to bed" then a week or so of acute withdrawal anyways cuz 6 days isn't long enough to taper properly.

Plan B:
Now going my route will give you 12 days. In terms of opiate addiction, withdrawal and tapering its not much. The difference will be that you will feel like "meh lemme go to bed" for 12 days ,then a week or so of slightly less intense acute withdrawal than you would have had doing plan A. I know dragging the "meh" phase out almost seems counter-intuitive but this will give you and your poor brain a little more time to adjust to not dosing throughout the day and begin the process of changing/stopping your using rituals. So you'll have twice the time to adjust yourself to living without the meds before you are thrown into full withdrawal.

Method B should also help with what I like to call the rebound effect. As in people getting clean then going and starting the whole mess over again within only a couple days clean under their belt. You'll have a few more days to adjust to your triggers and build a support system before you even jump into hell. You should also use that extra time to load yourself up with vitamins. And take them all the days leading up. This should make everything more tolerable.

I use this method or a slight variation of it every time I have an extended run on pain meds. It's definitely much better than buckling in for a cold turkey trip.

for the 3rd time in less than an hour, i'd like to recommend using Kratom to ease some of the withdrawal symptoms. There's tons of info on Kratom + opiate w/d on Bluelight. good luck - oh yeah you could always use a benzo for the short term; you don't want to end up with a benzo addiction - thats a whole different story! good luck!

k so i only had 60 mg left and my taper plan didnt go as planned. I am currently using 59 mg oxycodone a day. Ive done 40 mg today. I have one 5 mg roxy for the morning (tought not to put it in the nostrils tonight). Should i pop it in the morning or snort...which would hold off withdrawals the best? And 50 mg oxycodone withdrawl will be horrible? And we should i feel withdrawl symptoms after o take the 5 mg?