• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Weakest binding antidepressant?

polarthedog

Bluelighter
which anti depressant has the weakest binding affinity to the SERT receptor?

Paroxitine with a binding affinity of 0.13

Zimelidine the most with an affinity of 152 (though I’d never heard of it before)

There is wiki page about SRI’s with all the data including for SSRI’s

Can you give me a link? Also I think the lower 5e number the stronger it binds

somebody correct me but I really don't think its their affinity which dictates their affectiveness and/or side effects?

this is data you would pull from google/case stadies not BL I would think

I’m wondering if there an. ANTI depressant that would have a weaker binding affinity than mescaline, so that I could switch to it and trip while I’m weaning off

I’m wondering if there an. ANTI depressant that would have a weaker binding affinity than mescaline, so that I could switch to it and trip while I’m weaning off

Mescaline binds directly to various serotonin receptors directly as a moderate-high efficacy agonist (and in the micromolar range so it isn't particularly potent) so its very different than most antidepressants, the bulk of which function as reuptake inhibitors or antagonists.

So really is your question then, which is the best antidepressant to be taking if you want to indulge in psychedelics?

Yes, also I guess which psychedlicmhas the strongest binding affinity
You might find this article interesting as it talks about the binding affinities and subjective effects of 19 different substances. Talks about the relevance of many more receptor types beyond thoae relevent to SERT. Doesn’t answer your question directly though unfortunately.