Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

We Wish You a Merry Poly and a Happy Pharmacy

PlasticBippy

Bluelighter
This is an account of me practicing polypharmacy, using one drug per day for a week in a hotel.

My wife had a conference at a hotel out of town over New Years, and it aligned pretty well with my workplace holiday calendar, so I decided to tag along and use the free time hanging out in the hotel room during the day to try the drugs in my stash that I never get around to. The catch: my wife was nervous about taking illegal drugs out of the house, so everything had to be legal to possess (in Japan).

I had a lot of fun looking up the lists of banned substances and arranging my schedule to reduce tolerance and the chance of unexpected interactions. (I almost brought some 4-HO-MET because it's listed as "4-OH-MET" in the law.) I also think about when I should dose so that I can have lunch and dinner with my wife without being too messed up.

For a lot of these, this is my first time taking more than a threshold dose, so don't expect anything too exciting.

The schedule:
Day 1: Proscaline 40mg
Day 2: Tramadol 200mg
Day 3: 1,4-Butanediol 2ml
Day 4: Dextromethorphan 150mg
Day 5: Kanna "25x" 300mg
Day 6: Gabapentin 800mg
Day 7: Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose 6 seeds

All times in military.

Day 1:
I wake up at 6:00, plug (or "boof") 40mg Proscaline using an oral pet syringe with a silicone nipple, and go back to sleep. By 7:10, I am too antsy/vasoconstricted/jaw-clenchy to stay in bed. I start browsing r/woahdude, but by 9:40 I am sure that I have underdosed. :-( No real trippiness to speak of. Maybe I'll do 60mg next time.

Day 2:
During lunch, at 12:30, I take a 50mg gelcap of Tramadol, and 3 more after that every 30 minutes, for a total of 200mg. At 14:30, I message my friend: "I'm taking these drugs and they aren't doing anything and I don't understand it." I spoke too soon. At 15:20, I feel it coming on. This is my second experience with recreational opioids, the first being a cold water extraction of Vicodin (I don't remember the dosage) when I had my wisdom teeth removed 15 years ago. I don't feel as good as that, yet.

At 17:08, I look at the clock, thinking it's 17:00, so no time dilation.
For the past 1.5 hours, I haven't moved a single muscle except to scratch myself.
I have a full-body itch that I am too relaxed to bother to scratch, but every minute or so one random place on my body will start to itch too much, so I scratch it. It's like playing Slow-Motion Itch Whack-a-Mole.
I feel great, and I have super-powered daydream imagination in my mind's eye, not CEVs. I feel like I am "edging" sleep. Is this what they call a "nod"? This is better than the Vicodin.

I call my friend at 18:30. I am lucid and coherent, but my voice sounds zonked-out.
Between the start of the call and 19:40 (when the connection fails), my voice returns to normal and I feel myself coming down.

At 22:45, after dinner, back in the hotel room, I get a wave of drowsiness sitting in my chair, like an opioid "flashback". Feels nice.
I see no need to dose higher. Just remember that it takes 3hrs to kick in from the first dose.

That night, I got the itchies while trying to fall asleep. I woke up with a new scratch on my inner thigh. Maybe I should take DPH before going to sleep (or non-drowsy antihistamine on the come-up).

Day 3:
1,4-BDO 2ml in fruit juice at 14:00, one hour after eating lunch. It tastes nasty.

At 17:30, I write: Weak, like the buzz from 1-2 beers. Was relaxed enough to lay a turd, have a nice nap, and have a good wank. Some skin tingling, but no dizziness or nausea.

It's less volume than alcohol, but tastes worse. It also lasts longer, which is convenient.
None of the alcohol warmth, but nice skin tingling.
I'd say it's overall a wash.
I imagine it's better at higher doses where euphoria and (lack of) hangover come into play.

I will take 3ml next time.

Day 4:
DXM 150mg (10x 15mg tablets) at 13:30.
I am targeting the 1st plateau.

At 16:10: I was having a one-person dance party.
Music is enhanced. I like it.

High spirits. Dancing was fun. "Harder Better Faster Stronger" is overplayed, but it sounded fresh.
Slightly metallic numb taste in mouth as with other dissociatives.
No CEVs or OEVs.
No clumsiness or manic thoughts noticed.

At 17:30: Suddenly I feel silly and self-conscious. I think I'm down.
It was pretty subtle to begin with.
It was fun, but I did expect more.
OTOH, it was only plateau 1.

Day 5:
At 9:35, Kanna tea, 300mg so-called "25x" extract with ginger, sipped for about 15 minutes.
No effects. Maybe it's stale? It's about 10 years old... Oops.

Day 6:
At 9:00, Gabapentin 400mg (to total 800mg after 2nd dose).
with fatty acidic breakfast
At 11:15, Gabapentin 400mg with milk.
At 15:15: The Gabapentin is nothing to write home about, at least at this dose.
I'm just slightly relaxed, and I had a nice poop.

Day 7:
At 7:00, 47mg of homemade HBWR extract, equivalent to about 6 seeds, in a gelcap with peppermint oil for LSH. (I don't know if I believe it or not.)
At 9:40, I feel very weak and sedated, so it's impossible to get out of bed, but there are no other effects, save for some extremely nasty menthol burps. Then disaster strikes! My wife calls me because she needs to take a colleague back to the room for an interview, so I need to hang out somewhere else. I have no idea how much stronger this is going to get, but I make a herculean effort to get out of bed, get dressed, and find a place to hang out. I end up on a sofa in the elevator lobby outside of the laundry room, which is pretty low-traffic.
At one point around 11:30, I felt pretty trippy and, amusingly, the painted clouds on the roof of the elevator lobby looked like they were trying to kiss. (Not a visual effect, but just a change in my interpretation.)
I'm watching Ceephax Acid Crew videos on my phone, which is more enjoyable than usual.
Felt like around 0.75-1g of dry psilocybes.
Hopefully it has a similar dose-response curve.
Peppermint tastes nasty. There was some stomach discomfort.
Next time I should preload with Ondansetron, and also something for vasoconstriction.
That night, after it has worn off, I walk by myself for 30 minutes one-way to get to a restaurant that I'm interested in, because my wife is attending the closing ceremony of the conference. Couldn't tell if the leg discomfort when trying to fall asleep after was from vasoconstriction or from the long walk.

I hope you enjoyed reading about me being an old and using drugs in an overly timid and risk-averse fashion.

If that was actually `real kanna extract at 25x, that is a HUGE dose, to the extent that it might even risk serotonin syndrome. Man I can't even imagine, kanna can be so uncomfortable at first. I have an extract where 25mg is fairly strong.

Thanks for the report(s). :)

If that was actually `real kanna extract at 25x, that is a HUGE dose, to the extent that it might even risk serotonin syndrome. Man I can't even imagine, kanna can be so uncomfortable at first. I have an extract where 25mg is fairly strong.

Thanks for the report(s). :)
Yeah, please don't take this as dosing advice. I worked my way up to this dose, and I think the product was stale to begin with. If it's as strong as you say, maybe I should buy it again.
You forgot the booze...
I only drink a few times a year, and that week wasn't one of those times. Sorry to disappoint you.

It's strong, I don't find it entirely pleasant though, but some people love it. The powdered raw plant is actually quite strong, if you snort it, just a couple hundred milligrams is plenty. Extracts can vary quite a bit in quality, but a good extract is very potent indeed.