• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Ways to Reduce Anxiety when smoking

I had the same problem id get anxious&paranoid when I 1st started smoking I was actually talking about this today when I was smoking. I remembered how I use to get. I also get pins for anxiety. I always think about ppl who trip out with anxiety&paranoia when they blaze cuz it fuking suks to feel like that when your high. Ur suppose to enjoy your high. Well honestly I didn't really do much. Most of the time when ur high & feel all anxious is cuz its in your head. (Not all the time but 4 the most part) anyways this is wat I did... I hated feeling anxious n all fidgety..before u smoke keep it in ur mind that ur only feelin like that Cuz ur high. So think positive. I would always think to my self... ok chill juss smoke. .. relax. Calm down get it in ur mind that nothing bad will happen..juss like all other times nothing ever happened when u smoked. Keep in ur mind that trees calm you.. keep u happy enjoy your high . When u start feeling 9that anxious feeling creep up think positive take a deep breath instead of trippin out think calm relaxing thoughts. Make sure ur around ppl u feel cool with. It didn't help for me all over night took couple days/wks but it helped and worked for me. I dnt even gotto think positive anymore it helped. I don't feel anxious at all no paranoia no trippin out. You get so much more frm ur high too. I try n coach my friend too when we smoke. She gets that also but she's more paranoid b4we blaze I ask her if she feels comfortable wherever we decide to smoke. I remind her to think positive. . I tell her nothing ever bad happened b4 when we blaze and nothing will. I tell her to relax b4 she smokes. I remind her that its all in her head cuz she's high. . I tell her to ignore whatever feeling don't feel Riiight when She's High n to focus on the amazing feeling weed gives her. Pretty much relax and enjoy. Think positive .. the only thing that I still do is get all super fidgety but I think that's cuz my anxiety. That's nothing thoo. Good luck. Everyone is different hopefully u try this. Don't hurt to try lol just think positive! And KNOW that everything will b ok. In the end and no matter what just like always. But it sucks that u feel like that man. Keep in mind weed is relaxing.. chill.. happiness... & for me a stress reliever.. anxiety sucks! Klonopins do too there bomb but careful cuz they cause sever memory loss I use to abuse the fuck out of em..my memmemory .is complete shit now like so bad. I hate it I regret fucking with those pins. My tolerance was high so id take like up to 8 to feel what two use to make me feel. If annnnything watch those pills. It ain't worth it in the long run.
Good luck.
Hope that anxiety shit gets under control cuz its horrible. Especially if its the weed making u get it its frustrating.
Once u get it... it actually can help when u do get an anxiety attack. It helps me a lot more now. I don't even take the Klonopins anymore unless I really really need em
-burr

I used to smoke alot of weed and I started having anxiety. Some sort of neurotic feeling or paranoia.

I stopped for a bit and I ended up with a benzo rx. I had chronic anxiety and panic disorder.

Anyways, after taking a break, I never got nervous smoking weed again. I went right back to it chilling me the fuck out.

Benzos kind of dull the experience, though, don't they? I generally stay away from them, I only keep some around for emergencies. I feel like it's better in the long term to learn how to deal with anxiety on your own. You end up enjoying drugs more and skip the bad trips.

The weed is simply amplifying anxiety already existing in your life.

There are only two solutions:

1) Minimize anxiety in your overall life.

If you're stressed out about bills, relationships, employment, housing, health, nuclear armageddon, global warming, congressional gridlock, gun control, excessive guns, etc., etc. you will be stressed out about either the same things or different things while under the influence.

2) Embrace the anxiety.

Realize and accept, with all your heart, that if you're not paranoid, you probably either aren't paying attention or you simply don't understand what's going on.

Probably all the bad things you're imagining are about to happen are not going to happen, that you're just imagining things, that the NSA is not really capturing video of you with a hidden camera beamed directly to Dick Cheney's ICU bed.

Don't do things that are dangerous or illegal. Ride it out, realizing everything is really fine, the ice cream man outside is not really a SWAT team member looking for probable cause to arrest you for stealing your next-door neighbor's lawn gnome 15 years ago when you were 10.

One other possible solution:

3) Stick to mind-altering compounds that don't cause you to have unpleasant experiences. Some smart person once said something to the effect that "Insanity is doing the same actions again and again expecting different results." If weed causes such anxiety, maybe you should consider not doing weed anymore.

Grow your own indica. Make it a pure indica, not a hybrid and smoke regularly. When you start smoking every day you start to build a tolerance to its effects and the anxiety tends to die down. Benzos are a poor solution.

I find propranolol is great for palpitations. 40mg is a great dose to try.