• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Way Too Much Ambien

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
Last night i took 150mg of ambien. Usually, I take 15-20mg and 30mg if I "binge" some while blacked out or in the process of becoming blacked out. Well, last night I started out taking my prescribed dose, and the last thing I remember was losing track if I was on pill 7 or 8 (not good looking back on it lol). This might have been because I was thinking about tripping and hoping I'd get something from the ambien.

I've taken it hundreds of times, but I've never had a problem like this. I'm seriously worried that I'll have some nasty rebound insomnia or anxiety. I sometimes get rebound issues from taking larger doses like 30 mg, nevertheless 150 mg. I also found pills scattered all throughout my room, but it looks like I only took ibuprofen and a magnesium supplement with the ambien. Any potential problems? I feel extremely tired and foggy this morning, and considering ambien can be more physically addictive than benzos, I'm wondering if I could have any cognitive problems for an extended period of time. Thanks!

I doubt the problems will be long lasting. I'm sure you might feel a little tarded for a few days, but if you don't abuse any more Ambien or benzodiazepines in the mean time, you'll come out fine. It might take a whole month, but you will be fine. I had a Ambien script for years. I completely understand.

I've taken Ambien 10mg for years and have had similar problems. It sounds like a definite blackout. I've never had problems at 100mg myself except the next morning trying to stay awake was impossible. It got me in trouble at the doctors office as I was asleep in the waiting room and they assumed I was either crashing from methamphetamine or taking opioids. They are now drug testing me every two weeks when I get my meds...

I've heard from multiple people who are prescribed ambien that they've woken up to an almost empty bottle the day after it was filled. I recommend hiding the bottle after taking your dose or giving it to someone you trust

Usually Swim takes 1 to 1 1/2 ambien 10mg & can get a good buzz. But now taking 2 10mg worked one day great. Then the second day swim took 2 10mgs & got nothing. So after an hour of still waiting for swim to feel anything, swim took 2 more. after about 7 hours later swim said that he felt perfectly normal the whom time like he never got high, & the people with him all day said he seemed sober. After some talking with the friends that were there SWIM realized that he doesn't really remember anything in those 7 hours. Swim said it was almost like he blacked out but was still functioning as normal. So the question is, how can swim take them to be able to get full affects as well as a max dose.

ALee15 please don't use SWIM here, we all know your talking about yourself, it offers no protection and its just plain silly. Oh, and welcome to BL. In responce to your question, one word; tolerance.

oh and OP i always find myself chomping though diazepam when im blackout fucked, but you don't need to worry, the amount it takes to OD on ambien is mammoth, just don't operate heavy machinery for a while ;)

Update: yesterday I felt pretty okay (night after taking months supply of ambien at once). One reason why I might have eaten all the ambien is because I was cutting down to less than half of my normal Kratom usage. I was able to stick with my lower doses no problem. I had some nasty anxiety last night but I was able to sleep just fine and even took a nap during the day. Amazingly I didn't even have the rebound REM that I normally get when I stop using ambien.

Today I haven't noticed any issues at all. I made a couple of stupid mistakes at work so there might be some lingering effects on cognition, or that could be due to cutting back on Kratom. Either way I'm glad to say that I wouldn't have known that I took an entire bottle of ambien if I didn't wake up to an empty bottle and my shit scattered everywhere. Thanks for the replies everyone but I didn't seem to get the lingering effects that I was worrying about! :) Still planning on abstaining for awhile though