• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Waving goodbye to tramadol.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
This morning I suffered a seizure. The cause was Tramadol. I remember nothing from it. I only remember the paramedic walking in and asking me questions. I got to the hospital. Covered in pads n what not. Took my blood. Injected me with something, I believe he said it was water???? Was in there for two hours. During this my shoulder dislocated three times. Is this normal after a seizure? I never ever dislocated anything my whole life until today. It hurts. It still hurts now. Is this normal or is it just a coincidence? Either way. I'm waving goodbye to Tramadol and hello to codeine. Much safer. Probably more addictive. But it feels cleaner and alot more natural. Obviously because is is natural. I prefer this because I'm not a risk of a seizure if I have to take more due to my back hurting more than usual.

Can I just put a huge shout out to everyone on here.
Treat Tramadol with respect. It's alot more dangerous than people think. It's definitely not to be abused.

hope you're doing ok bud
exactly tramadol is still dangerous
people get on here often asking about the seizure threshold but people dont listen (not saying you) but thanks for sharing maybe people will realize that seizures are possible while taking tramadol

wondering how much did you take?

Thanks for sharing and yup tramadol landed me in the ER once with sky high blood pressure, tunnel vision, panic, it was horrific! I've been able to take small doses since but cannot take it regularly. No biggie though as I was never really a fan of it. If you fell and dislocated something then yeah it'll hurt for weeks, and you may even notice arthritic changes and achiness with a change in weather down the road. If it's a recent dislocation it's very easy to pop it out of place again until it heals more fully. Also you may have pain/heat/inflammation at the site of the injury but your doctor can prescribe something to ease that. IMO codeine does work better than tramadol but other meds that are generally prescribed like hydrocodone and oxycodone work better still. Not everybody is efficient at processing codeine. Take it easy as you heal or it'll take way longer and you'll be more likely to re-injure yourself otherwise. Feel better soon!

Hey there, just thought I'd drop my 2 cents in here as well, good ole Tramadol landed me in the ER from a massive seizure too. Sadly it's becoming more common when people start using it to maintain and alleviate WDs in absence of their opiate of choice. At least that's what I was doing, and learned my lesson the hard way. Then again, it has been reported to give seizures at therapeutic dosage levels in healthy people. If they discontinued Darvocet because of it being dangerous then it blows my mind how they're ok with such a nasty drug as Tramadol still on the market. It's analgesia is about on par with ibuprofen anyways, time to do away with it if you ask me. .02 deposited... YMMV.

Pardon me Karbon, but what condition caused you to need pain meds?

In response to the people asking. My daily dose was 8-10 Tramadol. If I ever got "high" off it id take it all in one go. I've taken 14 before n been fine. But it was bound to happen one day, I should have respected it more. Yesterday it's because I swallowed 10 in one go. Hopefully I've been a guineapig here n people won't copy me. Sorry to hear you suffered from a seizure too delri0. All the best to you. My friends told me my seizure lasted somewhere between 8-10 minutes.

Oh and my dislocated shoulder happened in the hospital while I was sat in bed. I just turned to read something n pop out it came. Three times that happened. The doctor said that's very unusual. also I began pain medication for my bad back.

Update: shoulder keeps dislocating, unsure what to do. Can't get to doctors until Tuesday. It's currently Friday night.

Last edited:
Im on day 3 of cold turkey off tramadol for the third time. Last time in january. I was doing 6-800 mgs a day. Ive been lucky with no seizures i guess. I take gabapentin maybe that helps. I have seeoquel to help me sleep. Im done taking these everyday and done with this cold turkey shit. Im thiking of taking some hydros today and was wondering how long will thag delay my withdrawl off the trams?

Given that Gabapentin is used to treat epilepsy I'd say yeah it will 100% help reduce the risk of a seizure. Having a seizure has shook me up alot and I've learnt alot from it. As for the hydros delaying WD I couldn't say mate. Stick at it though don't get discouraged again. Your making the right decision.

I was given tramadol once... I snorted it... NEVER AGAIN!!! OMG I'm already prone to siezures, so ya. No tramadol zone here!!!

I don't understand tramadol enjoyment it never felt like anything but Tylenol and it's hardly a narcotic

Hydrocodone is more potent then tramadol...it will wipe away w/d and you'll be on a different page of opiates

I'm prescribed tramadol, 50 mg, and I can only take one and a half at a time. Any more than that and I become very anxious and feel as if I'm on the verge of a seizure. As far as pain goes, it's better than nothing, but not worth trying to get high on. I know it seems weak, but a high dose can kill you. Be careful out there!