• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Wave like feelings of panic-like anxiety during vaping

Renald

Bluelighter
I suffer from panic disorder, despite this I try to use cannabis rarely. Almost every time it causes me to have at least an anxiety, bordering with the panic, but not going to full panic attack (I had much more frightening panic attacks when sober). The interesting think the feelings came in waves, like every 1-2 minute, when I have like one minute of anxiety going to almost panic, then in seconds it disappears and the feeling became normal as I am almost sober or slightly relaxed. The heart continues to beat hard, but I have no pounding heart feeling. This situation usually repeats itself 3-5 times, sometimes up to 10 times, the subsequent times the gradient between "anxiety-panic" states and "normal" state decreased and usually the experience ends in 15-30 minutes feeling a little relaxed and with very slight intoxication feeling.
Is it normal, do you have the same feeling? I am amazed by the rate at which very bad feeling of anxiety and panic is being changed to normal feeling. It is against what we have in our everyday life - if you feel very bad, you will have the same feeling at least a little longer time, not seconds.

Cannabis comes in waves, that's certain. Vaping gives you the bang for your buck (although I only tried old vaping methods), you achieve a stronger high with less material than in any other way (only maybe ingesting is stronger).

It's a psychedelic and must be respected, set and setting are primordial. Try to vape it when you're in a good mood, it amplifies the mood you're in at the moment you "get high". That's THC for you. Try some strains with other stronger cannabinoids (CBD principaly).

the peak of the high can be intense for sure, you may be less distracted by feelings of anxiety if you try to focus your mind on something (preferably something that doesn't require a lot of thinking as that can add to anxiety)

What is the time after vaping/smoking when peak effects of cannabis are felt for you? For me it looks like 5 minutes, but due to wave-like nature of effects it is quite difficult to say. Sometimes, when the panic-like state overwhelms the pleasant effects, it looks the "peak" can happen even after 30 minutes or an hour ...

"Peak?"

Almost instantly after the exhale, but the "peak" gets higher and higher with every hit and I don't think I've ever found a ceiling to the high (unlike a lot of others.... I may just not have smoked enough in one sitting.)

I honestly don't think of weed as having a peak, though. For me, I'm either high, slightly buzzing or I'm not. There isn't really any kind of mind-melting peak I've experienced with weed that's anything akin to a psychedelic peak, which is why I kept putting the word in quotations. In my mind, talking about a weed peak is akin to asking a drunk guy if he's peaking off those shots he took 10min ago-- it's just weird.