• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

water titration liquid xanax

alprz

Greenlighter
Hi everyone
(english is not my language)
Does anyone know if this liquid xanax formulation (I bought at the pharmacy, I did not make it, in my country it is sold regularly) is miscible in water?

concentration: 0,75mg/ml

Composition:
active ingredient: alprazolam
other components: alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium saccharinate, grapefruit aroma, purified water

I would like to apply water titration, so dissolving 3 drops in 75 ml of water; the concentration of a single drop is 0.025mg/~0.33ml

Basically I would like to know if 3 drops of solution mixes homogeneously in 75 ml of water, so if the water titration is applicable

Last edited:
I don't think it is super water soluble. Propylene glycol and ethanol are suitable solvents (as long is it isn't so dilute in ethanol to be intoxicating on its own it should be good).

Propylene glycol is best if you need a small volume but I have simply placed a gram of pyeyzolam (which is very similar in it's solubility characteristics) into 1l of dH2O and yes, it worked fine. Since a hit of pyeyzolam is about 25mL, it actually worked out perfectly. You have to shake it for a few minutes but it works.

BTW I think this is more something for Basic Chemistry... although 100 people will likely tell you a given answer (theirs) is PERFECT because they say so. We can only say what we have actually done and what the results are.

Last edited: