• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Water soluble THC drops

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
This is another one of the Cannabis 2.0 products recently launched in Canada. Using some ‘nano emulsified’ technology, again licensed from an American company, it comes in a 30 ml bottle with a built in dispenser the spits out 1 drop at a time at a concentration of 0.5 mg THC per drop. 3, uh flavours with varying degrees of THC and/or CBD. I picked the THC only one. It’s got a bit of chamomile in it. The other two had ginseng or passionflower. Claim of onset time is 15 minutes. - 2 hours.

Unlike the Ripple dissolvable THC powder, this liquid was completely clear and did not appear cloudy when added to liquid. I added 21-22 drops (~10-11 mg THC) to an 8 oz blueberry red bull. Drank it all in a few minutes and started a timer.

It has a slight cannabis taste and I can def pick up chamomile. Completely miscible with the red bull and, I suspect any other liquid. If it works this will be great for my morning coffees or for dosing when in public.

I’ll report back after evening cartoons are done.

Tom

This was on a completely empty stomach; I'm starting to eat now.

+18 minutes slight head/neck tingling.
+27 minutes a definite but mild whole body buzz.
+46 minutes A mdium head and body buzz 4/10
+60 minutes Still at 4/10
+70 minutes 4.5/10
+76 minutes realize that back pain from cutting grass is gone. peaked at 5.0/10
+88 minutes 4.5/10
+106 minutes 4.0/10
+116 minutes 3.0/10
+127 minutes 2.0/10
+138 minutes ~1.0+/10
+152 minutes +1.0/10

Started to feel a bit nauseous, so it's time to eat. In about 5 days I'm going to try it again after eating. But this stuff is real, it works and I will be a repeat purchaser. It's cost effective for me.

Tom

Tidied up my notes, entered the data inti Excel and just plotted an X .vs. Y scatter of subjective effect .vs time (minutes). This is what I ended up with.

vQT89F6.jpg

It's not as quick as a joint, bong or dabbing but is faster than a traditional edible, sublingual gelcap. The taste isn't pleasant (I don't like chamomile) and I think the increased water solubility of this (say compared to the Ripple dissolvable THC powder) is due to an ingredient called tocophersolan, This is a synthetic water soluble form of vitamin E. It's unique feature is that it self forms into very small micelles (roughly speaking small speherical fat molecules), potentially incorporating any ingredient it's mixed with. These small micelles easily get inside of cells, hydrolyze and release their components; in this case THC.

Tom

edit #1 - oops, I should have added the 'how high' axis is out of 10

Is there no "Dronabinol" in your countries? These are pure THC-drops prescribed by a physician for many indications. I live in Austria, here they are used more and more and also the insurances pay for the med more and more.

Or do you mean a totally different med?

Greetz

JJ

Is there no "Dronabinol" in your countries? These are pure THC-drops prescribed by a physician for many indications. I live in Austria, here they are used more and more and also the insurances pay for the med more and more.

Or do you mean a totally different med?

Greetz

JJ
This is a legal, recreational product. We do have Dronabinol in Canada but it lacks a 'nano' encapsulation formulation (lack of water solubility). Speed of onset/offset isn't equivalent. I've got both psychiatrist/physician letters to my insurance company which will hopefully give me 100% coverage. However, all cannabis legally purchased under a prescription (any formulations from flower to oils to vape cartridges) are legally deductible expenses at tax time.

But you're right; if I get approval from my insurance then I don't have to pay upfront.

Tom

I’ve tried this 6 or 7 times now and if you down a shot (mixed with something, because on it’s own it tastes vile) on an empty stomach it hits very fast; starts to have an effect within 10-15 minutes. If you have anything in your stomach, it will start taking effect ~when/as the stomach contents empty and move into the upper GI tract.
I went 10 > 20 > 25 mg. On a completely full stomach, the time to effect would be 45-90 minutes

Is it more effective than traditional edibles or gelcaps? I honestly can’t say; the biggest benefit it that it seems to be completely miscible with water/liquids. After my initial trial with 10 mg in an 8 oz red bull, I’ve been adding it to crystal light beverage. In a strong coffee, tonic water or IPA you wouldn’t be able to pick up the taste at all.

I’ll continue buying this. Would like to see stronger formulation at 1 mg/ drop though. The Health Canada limit per package is 1000 mg THC.

Biggest advantage is that you don’t need fat or fatty foods/liquids for bioavailability.

Tom