• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Water solubility of cocaine

Holly.3

Bluelighter
We all know that cocaine is water soluble meaning it will dissolve rapidly in water and absorb moisture quickly from humid air.

I don't know the characteristics of the more commonly found Cuts in cocaine and how water soluble they are compared to cocaine.

If you have cocaine that very quickly and noticeably starts to absorb moisture from humid air quickly when it's stored in a climate controls house and moved outside. For example, cocaine stored in a cool dry place is taken outside and within the first 3 minutes of being outside you start dropping a line. The cocaine very quickly and noticeably as you are chopping up the line start to absorb the humidity and becomes somewhat fluffy while clumping together and start sticking to the Razer Blade.

Is that somewhat of an indication that the product you have contains a higher percentage of cocaine, possibly indicating a higher quality product which could also indicate that the cocaine contains a lower amount of non water soluble cuts?

If you are cocaine doesn't quickly absorb moisture from the air but rather stays in a dry Sandy like powder even after exposed for over an hour to the humid air powder still hasn't started to absorb moisture, or if it takes a very long time, an hour or longer, for you to notice that the powder is starting to slowly absorb moisture, slowly transforming from the dry Sandy powder to a fluffier, somewhat clumpy and sticky powder, is that an indication that your product contains a lower percentage of cocaine possibly indicating that it may contain more non water soluble cuts?

If cocaine is highly water soluble, what would you make of cocaine that doesn't absorb moisture especially in the humid environment here in Houston?

The only four times that I've used in easy white test kit attest cocaine purity, each sample I tested was highly water soluble cocaine. Rapidly absorbing moisture and just a few minutes when taken from the dryer are of the house and taking the outside where it was much more humid. Each test result was taken from different samples over the course of three back-to-back months. The results indicated that the cocaine was very high quality and purity.

If this is one way to indicate the difference between better higher quality cocaine versus lower quality cocaine, then it should be easier to identify cocaine containing a lower percentage of actual cocaine by simply doing a sample before you purchase. Are in Houston, as humid as it is, you should easily be able to tell the difference between cocaine that has quickly absorbed humid air versus cocaine that is still just a dry Sandy like powder not absorbing the humidity as your chopping up a sample line.

Obviously, I don't know what common cuts are water soluble and which ones aren't. The ones that are water soluble, will they absorb humidity as quickly as cocaine does over a very short 1 to 2 minutes or are they not as quickly water soluble causing the cocaine to absorb moisture at a slower rate. This could also be true for low quality cocaine containing a fast soluble cut which could mimic better quality cocaine.

I've always felt like with my own experience that quickly absorbing cocaine always seemed to have a better hi versus dry Sandy cocaine.

The thing I have noticed with personal experience, fluffy sticky water-absorbing cocaine seems to get caught in the nasal cavity and absorbed quicker then dry Sandy cocaine that noticeably gets snorted past the nasal cavity and down the back of your throat. Which probably indicates less cocaine getting absorbed.

Since all the usual cutting fillers are soluble in water, I don't believe you can derive any useful deductions regarding the relative quality.

Ummmm Houston isn't that humid.... pretty dry in fact....
As for cocaine, in its pure form it's extremely hygroscopic, it absorbs as much moisture as it can from the air.... pure cocaine is a paste as a result.

Last edited:
You are correct in noticing that cocaine HCl has a higher water solubility than many cuts (mannitol, caffeine, etc are water soluble, sure, but cocaine HCl is something like 2000mg / 1 mL cold water IIRC - orders of magnitude more) but I don't think you can use hygroscopicity (or lack thereof) as an accurate metric of purity.

It's a bit of a destructive test as moist cocaine will hydrolyse rapidly in the Texas heat or when stored close to the body.

Ummmm Houston isn't that humid.... pretty dry in fact....

You're kidding right?

According to the local news weather guy, Houston's morning humidity average 91.7% and the afternoon humidity average 76.4% resulting in an average daily humidity of 84.1% from June 1st to August 31st 2019.

Don't know what you're talkin about Houston being dry LOL 😂.

It's a bit of a destructive test as moist cocaine will hydrolyse rapidly in the Texas heat or when stored close to the body.

Of course without and accurate test, there's no real way to determine quality of cocaine.

I was just more curious if moisture absorbing cocaine versus non absorbing could be even a very basic, primitive way to determine which product is more likely to be better quality.

In other words, if you had to choose between not absorbing dry cocaine vs. Moisture absorbing sticky and clumpy cocaine oh, would you choose one over the other?

sekio already got to the amount, two grams to a cc. Ether or acetone wash and chloroform extraction.

I remember leaving over 2g's kn my windowsill overnight and waking up to a puddle. I could have cried.

Now I would have handled it way better by drawing it up with an oral syringe and made crack.

Back then i tried chopping it with ground up paramol and ended up eating most of it as it was a gooey mess and in my parents house.

My friends just got a puppy in from Houston (rescue) and it’s poor little nose was constantly chapped from the dry air, I guess Houston must have some moisture..

To answer you though OP, yes I’ve personally noticed that higher quality product sucks moisture out of the air like a sponge. My dad said the pink Peruvian flake in Miami in the 70’s would literally melt on the mirror if you weren’t quick enough. Florida is a nasty hellish swamp though, very humid.

-GC

Well here in Houston, we run our AC in the winter time just to dry out the air. You know it's humid when you stepped out of the shower and it takes you 30 minutes to dry off

The only real way to test it is the lab test or to burn it like they did in Blow. Being in Houston your probably getting 50 to 60. Maybe even 80 if you know people. Be thankful the best we got here was at tops 40. Sometimes I believe I got a little higher percentages. But if all said an honest. Don’t fuck with cocaine it will ruin your life.

We all know that cocaine is water soluble meaning it will dissolve rapidly in water and absorb moisture quickly from humid air.

I don't know the characteristics of the more commonly found Cuts in cocaine and how water soluble they are compared to cocaine.

If you have cocaine that very quickly and noticeably starts to absorb moisture from humid air quickly when it's stored in a climate controls house and moved outside. For example, cocaine stored in a cool dry place is taken outside and within the first 3 minutes of being outside you start dropping a line. The cocaine very quickly and noticeably as you are chopping up the line start to absorb the humidity and becomes somewhat fluffy while clumping together and start sticking to the Razer Blade.

Is that somewhat of an indication that the product you have contains a higher percentage of cocaine, possibly indicating a higher quality product which could also indicate that the cocaine contains a lower amount of non water soluble cuts?

If you are cocaine doesn't quickly absorb moisture from the air but rather stays in a dry Sandy like powder even after exposed for over an hour to the humid air powder still hasn't started to absorb moisture, or if it takes a very long time, an hour or longer, for you to notice that the powder is starting to slowly absorb moisture, slowly transforming from the dry Sandy powder to a fluffier, somewhat clumpy and sticky powder, is that an indication that your product contains a lower percentage of cocaine possibly indicating that it may contain more non water soluble cuts?

If cocaine is highly water soluble, what would you make of cocaine that doesn't absorb moisture especially in the humid environment here in Houston?

The only four times that I've used in easy white test kit attest cocaine purity, each sample I tested was highly water soluble cocaine. Rapidly absorbing moisture and just a few minutes when taken from the dryer are of the house and taking the outside where it was much more humid. Each test result was taken from different samples over the course of three back-to-back months. The results indicated that the cocaine was very high quality and purity.

If this is one way to indicate the difference between better higher quality cocaine versus lower quality cocaine, then it should be easier to identify cocaine containing a lower percentage of actual cocaine by simply doing a sample before you purchase. Are in Houston, as humid as it is, you should easily be able to tell the difference between cocaine that has quickly absorbed humid air versus cocaine that is still just a dry Sandy like powder not absorbing the humidity as your chopping up a sample line.

Obviously, I don't know what common cuts are water soluble and which ones aren't. The ones that are water soluble, will they absorb humidity as quickly as cocaine does over a very short 1 to 2 minutes or are they not as quickly water soluble causing the cocaine to absorb moisture at a slower rate. This could also be true for low quality cocaine containing a fast soluble cut which could mimic better quality cocaine.

I've always felt like with my own experience that quickly absorbing cocaine always seemed to have a better hi versus dry Sandy cocaine.

The thing I have noticed with personal experience, fluffy sticky water-absorbing cocaine seems to get caught in the nasal cavity and absorbed quicker then dry Sandy cocaine that noticeably gets snorted past the nasal cavity and down the back of your throat. Which probably indicates less cocaine getting absorbed.
Oh yeah bro, I've tried pure cocaine since I'm peruvian, straight from the VRAE valley, it gets really humid like u say. U can't chop the lines very well and it feels like butter when u snort. Dissapears in ur nose instantly, almost doesn't burn at all if its really clean and doesn't have leftover acetone. A tiny like makes u feel godlike, although if u do too much too quickly ur heart starts to beat really fast. I'm pretty fking sure if u snort 1.5g in less than 30 mins of that shit u have a heart attack, 1g is enough for a person for the entire night.