• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates Water cure buds before extraction?

MrsMeSeeks

Greenlighter
I was wondering, if I was to water cure my buds before extracting to make dabs, would it make for smoother smoking dabs?

I think it would make for blander, less flavorful dabs. Not sure how hard they would hit, though, as that's not always a direct correlation to flavor.

Regardless of how it hits, though, a proper water cure won't ruin anything. I'd say it's worth doing and updating us with the results.

I water cure when making edibles to take the chlorophyll and other water soluble crap out so it doesn't taste like burnt grass. Resin glads are sacrificed for sure as they can be seen in the water. Is not a lot but it happens. I DO INDEED think it would be enough to effect the potency of any concentrate made from it. Hope that helps

^^Why not make the butter and then do multiple water washes on that? That way no product is lost and it has the same effect of cleaning out water soluble impurities.

I find doing 2 water washes after the initial cook (which also uses water) is perfect for cleaning out all the crap. Simply simmer with water, let cool, separate and repeat.

I forgot about water curing until this thread...

-GC

^^Why not make the butter and then do multiple water washes on that? That way no product is lost and it has the same effect of cleaning out water soluble impurities.

I find doing 2 water washes after the initial cook (which also uses water) is perfect for cleaning out all the crap. Simply simmer with water, let cool, separate and repeat.

I forgot about water curing until this thread...

-GC
You absolutely can. I'm usually using oil, though. And tbh, I really don't think there's a decrease in potency from the loss, or it's very minimal. I mean shit, a 100mg gummie will get you fucked with or without the wash. Itll just taste like shit without.