• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

WATCH: 'Cannabis factory' set on fire to demonstrate the risk to public

isthisincognito

Bluelighter

A mock cannabis factory was set ablaze today to show the risk that skunk farms pose to the public.

An area replicating a room in a house where a sophisticated cannabis farm had been set up was set ablaze this morning at Merseyside fire service’s training HQ in Kirkdale.

READ: 11 recent cannabis busts that made the headlines in Merseyside

The fire broke out as a result of dodgy wiring – commonly used by drugs gangs to abstract electricity and bypass the electricity meter.

Flames tore quickly through the ‘house’ and left it gutted within a matter of minutes.

The emergency services hoped the graphic demo will hit home the message that the public need to speak out about dangerous and illegal drug factories in the communities and stop criminal gangs profiting while putting innocent lives in danger.

Continued - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/watch-cannabis-factory-set-fire-7329180

Bans houses! watch me light a house on fire dude look at that shits like fire and stuff that's dangerous!

Because, of course, the "dodgy wiring – commonly used by drugs gangs to abstract electricity and bypass the electricity meter" isn't caused by the illegality of the drug, but by weed itself.

Ban electricity! That's even more dangerous than house fires! And we all know that electricity causes serve dependency and has no currently accepted medical value... it's the only option.

I wonder how dangerous a large scale whiskey distillation is? Oh right not at all because its done by people with college degrees under strict supervision by the government and investors.

The emergency services hoped the graphic demo will hit home the message that the public need to speak out about dangerous and illegal drug factories in the communities and stop criminal gangs profiting while putting innocent lives in danger.

I agree hopefully people will speak out and eliminate this danger by making marijuana legal.

"Oh, you want to grow your own pot? Ok, come on down to town hall, fill out a few forms and we will have a government paid electrician come out, make sure your setup is safe and they will personally sign the final form that you can hang on the door of your grow room, just remember that we will be having to send this electrician back in to inspect every 6 months. It is a $49.99 fee for each non-negotiable electrician inspection. If you are found in violation you can always still buy your cannabis from legally designated retailers. Of course if your house is not within 50 metres of another domicile then we can have you sign form B which is just a notification that your home is home to a cannabis or fern growing room. Just so that we can inform fire rescue services if god forbid there is an electrical fire"

I had a rock tumbler when I was a kid.. It was loud and needed to run for at least a day at a time. It was left plugged into an outlet and rested on a pillow with another pillow ontop... in a closed closet... away from us being able to hear it as we slept. My whole family was on board... nobody thought this was a bad idea. There was no fire... but really... people are sometimes just stupid with electricity... I probably dont deserve the life I still have because of that stupidity. Another time my mom tried to pass me a napkin, they got stuck together and as she reached across the table all the napkins lit on fire. My mom once left a candle in a glass jar burning. We all almost died. Shit happens... especially when there are no regulations or inspections because the shit that is happening is pointlessly illegal.

I saw a fire in a house. A 1000 watt light exploded. It wasn't my house but it was supposedly wired by a real electrician. I have to disagree that high powered lights are safe for use in residential setting. I know you all want cheap and organic weed, so do I. I just don't want to live next door to a grow house when you go out to get milk and have a 3 alarm fire. When I did it I spent 12 hours a day in there I never went out when the lights were on, I doubt most of these commercial grows are even manned.
Legalize it and put it in a commercial industrial area, that is where industrial strength lights belong.
I am also very out of that scene now, if LED lights (or something safe like them) have panned out then I change my stance. HPS lights are a death trap IMO.

Ironic propaganda is propaganda.

Does anyone know if other types of light provide the correct wavelengths for optimal growth?

Looks like some grumpy prohibition group has voted down the good reader comments on the article.

Legalize it and put it in a commercial industrial area, that is where industrial strength lights belong.

This is it, I personally wouldn't want any commercial/industrial operations working out of residential unit where they're not fit to do so. There are laws against this (you have to apply for change of use with most property) and I think this should apply for all, but as it's already illegal they're not going to be able to apply for this, or have the premises properly done.

Once again we see the problems stemming from the failing prohibition, as custodial sentences to deter these kinds of operations are clearly failing time after time.

Sounds to me like the real threat is forcing these complicated/dangerous grows underground. In a world where cannabis was legal, they probably couldve grown in a safer location.

Because, of course, the "dodgy wiring – commonly used by drugs gangs to abstract electricity and bypass the electricity meter" isn't caused by the illegality of the drug, but by weed itself.

Exactly.. the legit commercial ops in CO are licensed, taxed, product tested, held to safety code, and the inspected buy the fire department.