• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

wasting syndrome without aids or cancer

kratomman420

Bluelighter
I've lost 50 pounds in about 6 months give or take, do you think a doctor would prescribe me marinol for wasting syndrome? Thats when you lose 10% or more of your body weight and i went from 180 to 130 over about 6-9 months ish

the reason i lost the weight is withdrawal and kratom use, i was on kratom for about a yearish, and i stopped, and for me kratom withdrawal lasts well over a year. so im still in the thick of it as i only stopped and got on the subutex maintenance programs about 2 months ago

i live in texas btw

i went from 180 to 160 in about 2 months when i started kratom. and i stabilized there, then once i stopped i started rapidly losing weight again, i live in texas, i know this is wasting syndrome but its not from aids or cancer so thats why im asking, im not trying to get fucked up, im very seriously terrified, if

this doesent stop, realistically, im either gonna die, or end of hooked up to an iv in the hospital for months and i really dont want that (phobia of needles), my doctor appointment is in 5 days, please answer and please dont judge

do not tell me to start kratom again, thats not an option, its hell to be hooked on that

P.S. i recently got prescibed adderall about a month ago and have only used it about 5 times at about 5 mg per time since then, i dont even test positive for it, is the doctor gonna take that away? it makes me hungry when i take it so i know its not the cause and i need it for add since im starting school in a month, i can bring in the nearly full bottle if needed.

P.S.S i smoke pot every day in high amounts and have for many years for depression anxiety and many other issues, it helps but i need more, the doctor knows and doesent care, but will that effect whether i get it or not?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your condition and hope you get better.

If you don't mind my asking, how many days a week did you use Kratom to get to that level of addiction and how many grams a day did you use?

I use it 3 days a week which has been no problem for me in terms of avoiding WD.

7 days, i used 3 ounces a day for months, then 1.5-2 oz for months, and last time i got addicted, the withdrawal was still going 9 months later when i relapsed, and i did ALOT less

Yeah that's a SHIT LOAD of Kratom.

Surprised to hear that it went on for 9 months though as I've never heard of Kratom withdrawal lasting that long but everyone is different.

I think it's important to stress that using more than 3 or 4 days a week could result in addiction.

Anyways, I don't know anything about Marinol but I'm guessing there must be a number of drugs that can help with appetite and weight gain.

I wish I had answers to your questions.

its ok, u tried thats what matters, nobody else even responded, and haha ya i dont know anyone else in real life or on the internet that can beat that amount

Similar story here: no HIV, no cancer, but have wasting syndrome.

Valuable tool: Anorexic BMI Calculator

http://www.calculator.net/anorexic-bmi-calculator.html

Down from 155lbs. last month to 131.8lbs. this month despite massive high-calorie, high-fat food consumption.

Sex: M
Height: 6' 1"

Raw Data from my digital scale:

2015/07/30: 129.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.10
2015/07/31: 131.4 lbs. | BMI = 17.34
2015/08/01: 131.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.36
2015/08/02: 132.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.49
2015/08/03: 131.2 lbs. | BMI = 17.31
2015/08/04: 130.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.23
2015/08/05: 131.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.36
2015/08/06: 133.8 lbs. | BMI = 17.65
2015/08/07: 132.8 lbs. | BMI = 17.52
2015/08/08: 132.2 lbs. | BMI = 17.44
2015/08/09: 131.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.36
2015/08/10: 131.0 lbs. | BMI = 17.28
2015/08/11: 131.8 lbs. | BMI = 17.39

Do have chronic intestinal & systemic Candidiasis though. Very weak immune system.

Without the HIV/Cancer/etc. diagnosis nobody cares. No doctors care. No supports.

Now I work every day doing research to find a cure.

Zero alcohol, caffeine, illegal drug use and zero prescription & OTC use.

Normal stools - no discoloration or diarrhea.

No easy explanation.

I may have to give myself HIV with a dirty used needle to get medical treatment.

Giving myself HIV could save my life because I cannot get treatment now and have tried with multiple doctors at two different clinics in just the last month.

I cant see why marinol would make much of a difference if you smoke weed daily.

im so sorry to hear your story man :( is it from withdrawal also? its true, most doctors dont care about addicts

Higher Cannabinoid dosing will harm not help you. Higher doses cause more receptor downregulation and worse:

Raising CB-receptor agonism cuts Testosterone biosynthesis in the testicles' Leydig cells.

Testosterone is the main anabolic (anti-catabolic) hormone in a man that prevents weight loss & wasting.

Testosterone ensures his muscles will grow & maintain despite adverse conditions.

Kratom use also lowers Testosterone.
Opiate use also lowers Testosterone.

Time for kratomman420 to make some changes if he wants to gain weight and save his life from what is coming very soon:

1. Stop all Cannabinoid, Opiate and Kratom use.
2. Avoid any future Kratom, Opiate or Kratom use: they lower Testosterone.
3. Stop all stimulant use: Amphetamines (Adderall), Caffeine, Nicotine, etc. Stimulants are catabolic: they tell the body to burn off flesh.
Amphetamines are notoriously well-known for causing weight loss and they were first introduced to the market as effective weight-loss medications.

3. Research all drugs & herbs currently being taken to see if any alter Testosterone level or have an effect on anabolism / catabolism. Stop the use of any that you find lower Testosterone.
Before taking any new drug or herb, research online to see if it alters Testosterone level or has an effect on anabolism / catabolism and avoid the product(s) which lower Testosterone or increase catabolism. If you find a new drug/herb lowers Testosterone or has a catabolic effect, do not start taking it.

5. Keep sex activity to a minimum. The average ideal to maintain the highest possible Testosterone level is once per week. That is an average found by a study and will be slightly different for each man due to genetics.

6. Ensure a high-fat diet that is
dominant in healthy saturated fats - best ones are MCTs from Coconut Oil. Saturated fats increase Testosterone synthesis and Polyunsaturated fats lower it. Diets dominant in Omega-3 fats (ie. Fish Oil / Flax Oil) or very low in Total Fats destroy Testosterone production. Meat is not a good source of saturated fats these days due to the animals being fed high-Polyunsaturated fats & seeds - especially Corn & its oils.
7. Ensure sufficient Carbohydrate calories per day to prevent burning of dietary fats & proteins for energy (catabolism).

8. Get blood Free Testosterone & Total Testosterone tests completed ASAP. The Free Testosterone test is most important. Compare your results to the tables on this site:

9. If Free Testosterone is low then begin the task of visiting every possible doctor and requesting of them TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy).
10. Begin researching methods to boost Free Testosterone.
11. Avoid exposure to Leydig-cell-toxic Xenoestrogens: No more canned fat-containing food - that fat leaches Xenoestrogen chemicals from plastic can liners. No more storing edibles containing any amount of fat in plastic containers. Use glass or stainless steel. This also applies to fat-containing foods packaged in plastic.

12. Ensure mild exercise every day, however note that more than mild exercise can worsen catabolism.
13. Weigh yourself daily with an accurate digital scale and log the data to a file for reference.

Last edited:
severe weight loss during detox

I completely understand the weight loss during withdrawal! I am a female, 5'7" and weighed 130 this January when I started detoxing off 300 mg of methadone a day. Today I am down to 4mg but have lost sooo much weight I am unrecognizable. I weigh right at 100 pounds. I am actually embarrassed to go out into public--I used to have a great figure! My goal now is to TRY and put that weight back on.

Ive thought about it and I believe the body may suppress the appetite for a reason while one is going thru withdrawals. Think about how the body suppresses the appetite during a fever--it is because it does NOT want its energies devoted to digestion while trying to fight an infection. I kind of look at it like the body needs every ounce of its energy reserves to endure and withstand the withdrawals.

Thats why I am not so sure I agree with those that say you must force yourself to eat eat eat while detoxing.....I am really not sure how much good it would do if even possible....

Maybe once the worst is over you can start trying to build back the muscle loss, etc?

Last edited:
Breeze

Raise your Free Testosterone and then you will have new higher appetite.

Testosterone isn't just anabolic it also increases appetite as all Androgens do and also has antidepressant & pro-motivational effects.

If you're down to 4mg then it's time for the final step: 0mg.

If you made it from 300mg to 4mg then that last tiny step will be a breeze.

http://www.rxlist.com/methadone-hydrochloride-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Side-effects which directly cut food consumption or absorption highlighted in RED.
Side-effects which worsen the wasting syndrome highlighted in ORANGE.
Side-effects which are symptoms of Methadone's Testosterone-lowering effect in BLUE

Common side effects of methadone hydrochloride include:

anxiety
nervousness
restlessness
sleep problems (insomnia)
weakness
drowsiness
dry mouth
nausea
vomiting
diarrhea
constipation
loss of appetite
decreased sex drive
impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm

Continued use of any Opiate will keep Testosterone production suppressed resulting in tissue wasting (catabolism) while also causing a number of other health problems that decrease food consumption and worsen the fatigue.

From the list above it is obvious that Opiates sabotage in many ways any attempt to gain or maintain a normal body weight.

It is important for anyone with Cachexia who also takes Opiates to realize that they are creating / worsening the disease and that once they have been informed or otherwise become aware of these effects, further Opiate consumption is deliberate & conscious self-sabotage. The same applies to consumption of Cannabinoids, Kratom, Stimulants & Thermogenics other than Testosterone which is thermogenic but also Anabolic.

All of these drugs work in the opposite direction to what is needed for weight gain & healing.
All of them maintain & worsen the Cachexic disease state making positive forward progress impossible.

Last edited:
Anabolic steroids have been used successfully to treat cachexia (wasting disease) but are scheduled in most countries and doctors won't usually prescribe them due to brainwashing.

Anavar has been successfully used to halt and reverse catabolic wasting disease but it is suppressive of natural Testosterone production and also 'Dry' so it does not aromatize into the necessary Estradiol.

SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators) are not modulators but agonists at the Androgen Receptor or PPAR receptor.

All the SARMs on the market are suppressive of natural Testosterone biosynthesis and no SARM provides the necessary Estradiol.

Anabolic Steroids and SARMs are last-choice options and only to be used if natural sex hormone production is zero or near-zero and cannot be restored.

Decreasing UCP1 & UCP2 genoexpression switches the body from catabolism to anabolism but there is only one inhibitor: Genipin [CAS# 6902-77-8].
Genipin is rare and impossibly-expensive to purchase.

PPAR antagonists show disappointing and unexpectedly complex mixed results.

Supplemental methods to raise Testosterone other than dietary modification & exercise are numerous but most are either ineffective, insufficient or become useless after a month due to the body's HPTA-mediated negative-feedback compensation.

Boron supplementation shows consistent positive results: a 28.1% increase in Free Testosterone after one week of supplementation in otherwise-healthy young men.
Boron is cheaply available to test as a supplement in the form of Borax (20 Mule Team Borax) at most garden/supermarket/hardware stores.
Borax is 11% elemental Boron by weight so 100mg of Borax yields 11mg elemental Boron.

Just as a thought, have you checked your thyroid? My friend had a thyroid problem that was masked by drug use for months and he kept losing weight at a very fast rate, and trust me he went from being overweight to being underweight in 5 months....

The Thyroid can be an issue in some cases but not my case.

I've had dozens of Thyroid tests since a young age with the latest one only two weeks ago.

Normal values.

However, checking T3, T4 & TSH is still mandatory and should be part of the blood testing along with Free Testosterone.

Thousand Words

A picture's worth more than thousands of words:

T8TWpWa.jpg

Weight in lbs.

This is what dying looks like by the numbers.

Marinol wont do anything if you smoke weed, the doses are too small.

Eating more & doing more is the way to gain weight, especially protein so it's lean weight. Get meal replacement shakes, protein shakes & things like that, between meals, forcing yourself to eat more will increase your appetite.

You're not dying at 130lb either, maybe slightly below ideal weight, but far from wasting to death, I've never been over 120lb.

BMI between 18.5 & 25 is the normal range, you're just a little underweight, it's nothing to be too alarmed about.

Last edited:
Height: 6' 1"

Anorexic BMI Calculator
http://www.calculator.net/anorexic-bmi-calculator.html

Last four days' weight:

2015/08/13: 130.4 lbs. | BMI = 17.20
2015/08/14: 130.4 lbs. | BMI = 17.20
2015/08/15: 129.6 lbs. | BMI = 17.10
2015/08/16: 129.0 lbs. | BMI = 17.02 (Lowest BMI Ever Recorded)

Change From Yesterday: -0.6 lbs.
Average weight loss rate since Aug. 14th: -0.7 lbs. / Day