View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Was he far off?

BenzosBudOrBooty

Bluelighter
in spring of 2011 I took a class and the professor kept saying "The world is going to end december 21st, 2012, you might as well be doing drugs to enjoy yourself in the final moments". Of course he was joking, but was he that far off? I'm not sure if we'll make it past my "natural death". So I might as well do drugs. The hippies might have made some mistakes...but nowadays, if you do drugs, you're probably gonna die in the next 40 years anyways....so you might as well do drugs. The teacher was definitely an LSD user.

Or am I wrong about it all???? Jim Morrison said "The future is uncertain and the end is always near". Does LSD make you think the world is ending? Does it make you realize the world is ending? Or somewhere in the middle...realizing the end is inevitable?

Is it crazy to think the world is ending? Is that an LSD crazed thought, or an LSD realization? Am I crazy???? Thoughts....

It's always ending, and it's always beginning, in the ever-present now.
<3

There are plenty of sober people who are convinced the world is ending and we're all doomed. It's unrelated to psychedelic drug use.

Likewise there are plenty of LSD users who are 'hard rationalists', they just tend to draw less attention to themselves by not making Leary-esque claims about the fate of the world.

Likewise there are plenty of LSD users who are 'hard rationalists', they just tend to draw less attention to themselves by not making Leary-esque claims about the fate of the world.
I am one of them.
I do believe psychedelics have therapeutic benefits but I also know that they have a tendency to lead thought processes astray (especially LSD, which makes me manic in high doses).
The fact of the matter is that your trip is an result of drastic and unnatural changes in your brain chemistry, so it's unhealthy to read too deeply into these experiences.

Psychedelics increase my analytical thinking, which has led to some permanent changes in my world view and personality (for the better). Obviously I do get a lot of very silly/crazy thoughts racing through my head at times, but I take them with a pinch of salt. For me it's all just part of the fun.

Psychedelic use has taught me a few things about myself and one thing I have learned is to not take myself so seriously all the time.
Here is a perfect example of some real LSD-induced pseudo-philosophical bullshit: the other week I was cutting up acid tabs while tripping on 340mcg and I thought to myself: "Life is a bit like a sheet of acid... perforated and made up of little squares". For a few seconds I actually thought I was onto something. Then I realized the absurdity of that notion and I burst out laughing.

the other week I was cutting up acid tabs while tripping on 340mcg and I thought to myself: "Life is a bit like a sheet of acid... perforated and made up of little squares". For a few seconds I actually thought I was onto something. Then I realized the absurdity of that notion and I burst out laughing.

You could be right, depending on how you define "squares"

You could be right, depending on how you define "squares"
I find that psychedelics (LSD in particular) tend to cause individual thoughts to merge together. That particular thought was probably a product of 3 or more thoughts that were racing through my head at that moment.

It was just one of many silly thoughts that popped into my head because I was mangled... not something I would waste my time trying to make sense of. I was also talking to my scales while weighing up some bud. LSD is totally manic and crazy... I think I'm quite sensitive to its dopaminergic effects.

While redosing about 2 hours later that evening I was thinking about how cool it would be if all the alcohol in beers, wines and spirits was removed and replaced with LSD instead. Again, for a few seconds, this seemed like a pretty smart idea. This is another example of thought merging as I'd also just drank a can of beer.

These kinds of thoughts make me laugh and serve to remind that the human mind is far from perfect. It amazes me just how much a couple of tiny little squares of paper can totally fuck up my perception of reality and put me out of commission for a good couple of hours.

I'm in seriously poor health (due to medical problems I have no control over, and which are barely treatable) so for me the world really is ending. And yeah, I can't think of any reason not to lose myself in drugs at the moment, unfortunately. No reason not to become a drug addict when there's no hope left in your life.

As far as I know, they do pump the elderly and dying full of drugs during their last moments (might be days, months or even years) when their world is about to end. I guess the mentality in the OP is rather common. Spiritual reasons excluded, why even deal with your problems if you can postpone them and then avoid dealing with them altogether?

Convincing yourself that the world is ending as an excuse just for the mindless usage of drugs however, that could be the addict in you talking. If mankind is in the process of destroying itself, I could see how certain drugs could help us prevent it and certain others might just accelerate the coming of the end, so it's not that black and white really. There are so many drugs for so many different purposes. If the end of the world was truly both imminent and inevitable, I would probably recommend everyone to enjoy themselves without the expense of others, be it drugs, sex or yodeling.

The world is not ending. LSD is very safe so there's no reason not to do it anyway.

Well, LSD certainly doesn't "make you think the world is ending". That was probably the result of a specific event occurring during a trip (or series of trips) for that particular person, that they interpreted as such a message. LSD more allows you to accept that the end is inevitable, and not be so freaked out about it, at least in my experience. They used LSD on terminally ill people, and the people reported less anxiety about passing on than before they took the trip.

But then, you take a ten strip and you realize, that time is an illusion and all instances of time exist at once. Couple that in with the fact that space and time are part of the same fabric, and.. We were never really here to begin with.

(Not that I'm a solipsist or anything. I live life as if it were real. It's been impossible to come to a conclusion with any kind of certainty. All you can do is exist and experience the things around you, the way that everyone else supposedly does.)

I was a wee bit drunk when I posted this. Thanks for all your responses. I remember when I heard that Jim Morrison song my friend said to me "He Must have tripped a lot" so it got me thinking. "Do hallucinogens make you think the world is ending." Because I often times have these thoughts...and didn't really have them before I did acid or shrooms or whatnot. And I say the professor was an LSD user because he seemed like one, not because of his comments only. He was from that generation and had this certain crude humor and talked about drinking a lot, so had some substance abuse going on, and probably tripped in his younger days. Thanks for your posts though.

That said, I do think I'm slightly crazy, but it's no big deal. Because being crazy is underrated. I'm not sure if I took a ten strip I would realize all instances of time exist at once. I'm not that smart. Then again I've never taken that much...I took 6 once but mixed it with alcohol so probably dulled my thinking. Thanks! I'm not sure if I should trip much more in my life but I wish I could. I believe in an afterlife and in an afterlife I will take a lot of acid. Yeah I'm crazy. Peace

That said, maybe after a long break I can go back to tripping in moderation. Im at that point, right now in my life. Haha later.

Last edited:
... a perfect example of some real LSD-induced pseudo-philosophical bullshit: the other week I was cutting up acid tabs while tripping on 340mcg and I...

Is this a psychedelic humblebrag?!

(RIP Harris)