• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Warning signs of meth use

vrysuperfamoss

Greenlighter
Hey there I've just joined but I decided this would be a good place to post about a worrying experience I've had and what I should do when if it happens in the future. I started meth a month or two after febuary of this year and used occasionally with little trouble sticking to weed and basically anything else. A couple weeks ago my friend came around looking to get spun. I indulged her and got some of the best clear I've seen in my short time and my guy a long time user even warned me about it being strong. We walked around and found a spot I knew of in the area I was in and got pretty spun and I left her with a fairly large bowl for when she went home as she lives fairly far away and we don't see eachother often. We departed from each others company and I went home with about twice what we had smoked in our about 45 minute session and was ready to smoke more and stay up until the next night via smoking once every 4 hours until 8 hours before hand.

The problems started when I could barely put my homemade bulb down for more than a few seconds and I soon realized I would run through this bag fast. At about 1:00 in the morning id estimate I had 250 left of the original 700mg I started with before going with my friend at 2:00. I began to have extreme trouble breathing and my heart rate would go from pounding hard enough to hear it in my ears to the point I couldn't feel my pulse and my extremities became numb very fast and started to turn gray and I had trouble walking and my vision would get hazy and blurry. I began to nod out and would wake up with lots of sweat pouring off me.

I'm fairly sure if I hadn't stopped smoking I would have had something far worse happen and I'm wondering if there is an easier way to know my limits then to just get there and hope you don't die. I'd like to have perhaps a better ROA or else a good method of estimating use or doses while smoking to help prevent something bad because that was fairly scary. I know that others seem to know their limits much better than me. I'd like to know some sort of visual estimate or something to keep doses reasonable without always breaking out the scale to load a bowl because it is a big hassle and I would feel like a buzz kill around my crowd

You really shouldn't base it on weight because each batch has its on intensity. It's not like a prescription drug where you get a measurable dose with consistency. Everything from quality used by the cook to cut contributes. You have to know your body and how it responds. Some cues can be how it burns and tastes IMO but really one good hit should cue you in to all that. Take it easy till you gain the knowledge of these kinds of details or you may end up in worse states.