Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

WAR ON DRUGS: The deadly new weapon in the IS arsenal

poledriver

Bluelighter
WAR ON DRUGS: The deadly new weapon in the IS arsenal

Video allegedly shows IS leader’s cocaine stash captured on camera

658595-00ea370e-954f-11e4-9f9e-62c4c493a0de.jpg

Unverified footage from VICE news shows a bag of what is thought to be cocaine allegedly found at the home of an IS leader. Picture: VICE, screengrab. Source: Supplied

AS THE Islamic State continues its deadly rampage across the Middle East fears are growing the group may have another weapon in its arsenal: Cocaine.

Video footage obtained by VICE purports to show a large stash of cocaine found inside the home of IS leader Emir Abu Zahra in Kobane along with a knife and laptop.
The organisation also reports allegations leaders dished drugs out to militants for courage, while Kurdish fighters tell of finding pills, capsules and syringes on dead IS militants.

The video remains unverified, however it comes following reports in November last year that billions of dollars worth of cocaine is smuggled to Europe each year along routes controlled by terrorist groups who have pledged support to the Islamic State.
The profits have been used to fund armoured vehicles, missiles and guns, according to the International Business Times.

Meanwhile Spanish intelligence sources said jihadist groups including IS are using drugs to finance their quest in Iraq and Syria, using knowledge of smuggling routes to export arms and drugs including cocaine, heroin and hashish.
Around one fifth of those detained in Spain under terrorism laws have previously served prison time for drug trafficking or creating counterfeit documents, intelligence reports.

Monash University’s Director of the Centre for Islam and the Modern World, Professor Greg Barton said it’s difficult to know to what degree the Islamic State is involved in the drug trade, however the group has been ruthless in exploiting opportunities to make money such as kidnapping for ransom and seizing control of oilfields.

“We know they are involved in a range of illegal business and we know they have no compunction about what they’re involved in,” he said.
“We do know they’re involved in weapons, smuggling, oil. The question of drugs would largely be a question of opportunity and what drugs are available.”

rofessor Barton said reports suggest the Islamic State has daily cash flows in excess of $2 million but exactly how much of that is garnered through the drug trade is unclear.
“It’s much less clear what production and transport levels they control. It’s a different dynamic to the Taliban who controlled considerable opium production and distribution.”

The extremist group’s influence has been rapidly expanding since mid-2014 and IS now controls large parts of northern Iraq and Syria home to eight million people. It also controls large parts of the border between Turkey and Syria and traditional smuggling routes along with it, Professor Barton said.

“That border has for a long time been a source of smuggling and contraband routes. Now that IS controls that territory it’s not surprising whatever was going on in the past is now under their control. It’s reasonable to assume there are some sort of flows going through but I don’t know the mechanics of it.”

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/world/middle...ptured-on-camera/story-fnh81ifq-1227176656199

I bet the IS leader was snorting mad knife hits off of that big ass dagger. I know I would be!

That's a mighty big bag of cocaine.
I would be afraid to start bucking lines if that was the amount I had in my stash, who knows when I would stop

Weird place to find a huge bag of coke..you would think they would be doing crystal since it lasts longer and is cheaper plus easily produced anywhere. I think they call is shisha, which I know is the Hindi word for glass so its prob something like that in Arabic.

I also read about a drug called captagon that is really popular over there. Some kind of pharm stim.

this is really ironic, that the west enforces radical prohibition driving the black market value of illegal drugs up. now this article claims the enemies of the west profit off of the black market created by that prohibition and the War On Drugs. this means that the War On Drugs both hurts westerners (through physical harm, legal harm, and wasted tax dollars) and funds their enemies

though actually I think if anything, opium is the common drug of export in that area. in recent years most of that is is produced from poppies gown in Afghanistan

Last edited: