View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Wanting to plan a trip to Peru to try ayahuasca

maxmaxCity

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, I am a 23 year-old, 3rd year pharmacy graduate student in Tennessee. I am looking to do my last year seminar on ayahuasca and am planning a trip to Peru sometime after this May. I've been reading a lot of drug studies and there is drug studies that show that ayahuasca has been shown to greatly benefit cocaine/heroin/alcohol users in helping them get off of those substances. Also, there are some drug studies that show that Methadone (A drug that many doctors will prescribe for people to try and get off heroin) has a higher mortality than heroin itself. This is precisely what I'm wanting to focus my research on.

Anyways, I wanted to invite anyone of similar interests to join me in the amazon for my journey and am curious for to hear from people who have made the trek to Peru themselves and to hear tips from anyone.

Anyways, my name is Maxwell, and I'll post my facebook page for anyone interested in contacting me.

(edited personal information)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. I'm a long time low dose methadone maintenance "patient" with an aya trip to peru planned this summer. I'm very confused with the info i have found online concerning combining methadone with aya ( obviously if just quitting methadone was an option, I would've done it ten years ago)....I do not want to put myself at risk by combining the two, but also don't want to be in withdrawal while taking aya...Do you have any info on this...and I am glad to share my experiences with you, if it helps your studies. What a fantastic seminar to choose!

@^

Why don't you go to Mexico to do ibogaine and get off methadone first? It is my opinion that a heavy psych like aya should be taken with a clear body and mind

I wouldn't entrust your health to a bunch of people keen on taking on your money from you in another country. If you want to find out what DMT can offer you why not take oral DMT in this country around people who love and care for you?

like any situation, there are people who claim to be shamans that are in it for the money, and there are actual shamans (few and far between) and people with experience and positive intentions who want to encourage peoples personal growth. if you can find a place where you can speak to people who have been and find out what they thought of it, it could be worth tripping with someone who actually understands plant spirits and can guide your trip.

The whole point of psychedelics is that you don't need the people. Your personal experience with the drug is what's important - not whether you've got someone with a bone through his nose stood beside you while it happens.

well firstly it would be difficult to brew authentic ayahuasca for most people, secondly i don't think dmt or pharmayuasca would provide the same experience as the drug if it was prepared by a shaman. i think there is something to shamanism even if you are skeptical, but i would have reservations about most of the ones doing touristy stuff.

plus there are plenty of people who have made the trip, and felt it was worth it for some reason or other, i reckon it could be a lot more special than smoking dmt in your bedroom, but maybe its just 'placebo'. 8(

I wouldn't entrust your health to a bunch of people keen on taking on your money from you in another country. If you want to find out what DMT can offer you why not take oral DMT in this country around people who love and care for you?

True, there's a lot of that in various central and South American countries. I know people who have been to such places just to take Ayahuasca or Ibogine and it all seemed very shady to me. Plus, it was very expensive including both the cost to travel, and to pay to take the drugs; but it's a tourist industry in these countries where it's legal.

I find it a bit weird personally to trust someone like a shaman in that way. But I know a lot of ppl who've gone down and done the ayahuasca thing in Peru etc. and found it to be absolutely worth it, life changing etc. I'm sure it can depend a lot on the shaman. Remember that it's not the drugs you're paying for, it's the set and setting

Look into ayahuasca tourism, and how its just one more thing destroying the Amazon.

You don't need to go to Peru to obtain this medicine.