• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wanting to know which pharmacy to go to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0884

Greenlighter
I currently have a prescription for methadone, for my OCD, I know everyone will think that's. It true but it's a new study by the head psychiatrist at OHSU for people who's SSRI receptors don't work, for lack of a better term.
Anyways, my question is does anyone know which type of methadone they use at Walmart mart? The tablets or the round ones? For some reason when I switched pharmacies to Safeway and the pills were tablets they seemed to work better. I'm not sure why. I only take 10mg 3x a day.
But if anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate the help.

I currently have a prescription for methadone, for my OCD, I know everyone will think that's. It true but it's a new study by the head psychiatrist at OHSU for people who's SSRI receptors don't work, for lack of a better term.
Anyways, my question is does anyone know which type of methadone they use at Walmart mart? The tablets or the round ones? For some reason when I switched pharmacies to Safeway and the pills were tablets they seemed to work better. I'm not sure why. I only take 10mg 3x a day.
But if anyone knows the answer to this I would really appreciate the help.
Damn, that's a fat dose! I would looooove to trade my doctor for yours. He gave me 5mg 3 times a day. If I had 30mg a day, I'd take 15, maybe 20, and save 10 mg for days when I need to be standing or sitting at work for 12 hours. Anyways, sorry idk what the heck pills walmart has ;)

Just call a pharmacy and ask. Repeat until you find your preference. Most pharmacies carry several different brands for most meds.

wow 30mgs for OCD of 'done, i had no idea it could be used that way. do you find it helps? i ask because i seem to be u responsive to SSRIs for my depression and the onlything that helped was when i was taking subutex for opiate replacement therapy

Last edited:
I only asked because my pharmacy is closed today and my prescription is also due today. And unfortunately one day without my OCD meds and I go downhill quickly. The Walmart pharmacy is the only one open today, since it's the 4th, that's why I was trying to figure it out. But they do open in 30 minutes now, so I will just wait and call them.

It absolutely helps my OCD as for my depression it doe not. I am on the highest dose of Wellbutrin allowed and that helps for the most part. Have you asked about Wellbutrin, even before my genetics test and finding out SSRI's don't work for me, it was the only depression med that had any effect. Also, unlike most psych medications it does not cause weight gain. It actually decreases my appetite. Which I saw as a bonus.

Has anyone looked up this study? OHSU is a great hospital, though they're on the anti opiate train like the rest of em.
Surprising! and Congrats!

It absolutely helps my OCD as for my depression it doe not. I am on the highest dose of Wellbutrin allowed and that helps for the most part. Have you asked about Wellbutrin, even before my genetics test and finding out SSRI's don't work for me, it was the only depression med that had any effect. Also, unlike most psych medications it does not cause weight gain. It actually decreases my appetite. Which I saw as a bonus.

interesting! but unfortunately Wellbutrin isn't available in the UK
and what's this about a genetics test? can they actually see if SSRIs don't work for you? cause i've been on all kinds and i don't think any of them have ever worked. how does 'done specifically help you? is it just because its a sedative or are there more specfic medicinal benefits?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17102981

This 2009 study touches the surface on the thoughts behind opioids for OCD Tx

The genetic testing is fairly new, and I don't understand it all that well. The practice is referred to as "pharmacogenetics".
My psychiatrist has offered to perform the procedure on me also. The results indicate which types of medications would be best suited for you based on individual metabolism, enzymes present and genetics.
Let Mayoclinic explain lol

http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/center-for-individualized-medicine/drug-gene-testing.asp

We wouldn't be able to tell which brand of methadone your local Walmart carries but I'm sure you'll find out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.