• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc wanting to get off gabapentin after about 3 years

grizzlo

Greenlighter
Ok so i stared taking this for theraputical effects after expiriencing it after a opiate kick. At my highest dose of about1800 mill around 1 1/2 years ago. The effects i found positive and helped me livea better life were anti enxiety, better sleep, just an overall feeling of content and living my life.
Now, im not so sure that its doing anything for me except being dependent on another substance that may or may not be helping me. Im ready to take the plunge and see if i even need it anymore.
I know this can have a hellish withdrawal so im lookin for a little advice. My current dose is around 600-1200 mill daily. Havent gone over 36 hours without dosing in fear of withdrawal for about 3 years.
Any advice on how to go about this taper? Amount to drop every certain amount of time? How long of a withdrawal? What dose to finally drop off at?

After 3 years I would taper it slowly, like 100mg a week. At first you should stabilize on a dose that suits you and then start taking 100mg less at the beginning of a week and stay on that dose for one week, then go down another 100mg and so on.
Check out the other Gabapentin WD threads as they contain lots of useful information regarding your questions:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/448441-Gabapentin-withdrawal-any-advice

Good luck!

Last edited:
I usually have to taper down for a couple of weeks, just taking 900 mg a day for about two weeks after going on serious Gabapentin binges with doses reaching more than a gram. The anxiety coming off of it was just awful so I'd save about twenty tablets to break apart and take small doses towards the end.