View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Want to take DMT for the first time, advice pls

ubernoob1

Greenlighter
Well before today I hadn't even heard of DMT I came across it on the spirit molecule documentary on Netflix and have spent the last 5 hours researching it and reading up on peoples experiences with it. I might add I haven't done anything aside from smoke a bit of weed now and then for the last 7 years, before then I took E's regularly and done a few blots of LSD when I was 16-18 (done other stuff in between but not anything psychedelic) and hadn't thought of doing so until today, just reading up on this and hearing peoples experiences I really really want to try it and experience it for myself. Would it be wise considering I haven't tripped on anything for years to jump straight into DMT?

Also be good to speak to other members who have/use DMT

5 hours?....hmmmmm...?

Can't tell you if you should or shouldn't take...against the rules.
What I can tell you is you need more than 5 hours of research before you try anything much less DMT.

Would DMT be particularly dangerous as opposed to LSD, ecstasy, or marijuana, etc.? Is that what you are asking?

I don't recall anyone saying you need to ease into DMT. I think you can start doing it right away.

Probably not safe to mix any other drug you have been taking and have a good friend around who can assist you. Preferably someone you trust that is a bit larger than you are.

I think you have enough drug experience to take DMT without freaking out. Do more research first though.

I think you have enough drug experience to take DMT without freaking out. Do more research first though.

In all honesty when people start taking and experiencing drugs you are always looking for "that one" the ultimate high/trip etc and when I was younger I never really found it, smoked a lot of weed, done a lot of E and acid and a lot of phet, but everything I have seen and heard of about DMT seems like it might be that ultimate trip for me and I'm eager as hell to try it.

I have had a bad trip once though I was about 13 on acid and not entirely comfortable with my surroundings, being 32 I'm fairly happy to accept that I may well have a bad trip from DMT though will take that for what it is if that happens. The only thing that has ever came close to that ultimate high for me was a can of carpet glue when I was a teen, this was industrial strength stuff but the hallucinations from it were immense and really submersive though no ego death or spiritual other worldy stuff, and besides I'm 32 I'm not gonna start sniffing glue again lol

Guess I just want to experience it in all it's glory good or bad and love the fact that it looks like it's fairly easy(ish) to be able to "source" it myself, it seems to be a very safe drug from what I have seen and read so far and if you can experience breakthrough it's like nothing else you have experienced before.

Also be interested in exchanging IM with some UK/local guys to discuss other things relating to DMT OT, thanks for the replies %)

I'm gonna say what I always say in those cases:
- get a big enough amount to do serious and incremental experimentation. 500mg min.
- get a milligram scale
- built "the machine" (google helps)
- start with 15mg.
- treat every contact with dmt with appropriate respect. set and setting wise.

dmt is as beautiful as it is powerful, always greet it with a smile and it can be a life long ally.
abuse it and it abuses you.

^ agree with everything that johannes has said.

start off with small doses - dip your foot in the pool before jumping into the deep end. you will start to understand what you are getting into and if you want to explore it further or not.

I started off like that and finally worked my way up to a break through. set and setting is very important (as it is with any psych) - make sure this is right before you begin exploring this wonderful drug

Just an advice... Do really small trips with low dosages.Don't jump straight to breakthrough on your second time.And don't do it at all if you feel like it's gonna take you away from psychedelics.For me low dosages of dmt are like heavy lsd trips but for 15 minutes. So start small and think very well about breaking through

Thanks for the continued advice and help, this is likely not going to be something I can just jump straight into as I am looking into extraction, but will definitely take all the feedback on board and update as and when along my journey!

Just an advice... Do really small trips with low dosages.Don't jump straight to breakthrough on your second time.And don't do it at all if you feel like it's gonna take you away from psychedelics.For me low dosages of dmt are like heavy lsd trips but for 15 minutes. So start small and think very well about breaking through

I wish someone had told me that, hehe. If you do end up getting ballsy, be prepared to be shown your proper place. DMT is crazy intense, doubly so if you overdo it.