• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

want to do a first time mushroom trip but don't have access to an experienced trip sitter

tazz20

Bluelighter
Hey everyone. So I have 2.7g of shrooms and I'm thinking of taking no more than 2g. I've done a g from a different batch before but this was on a full stomach and I was also a bit drunk and stoned prior to dropping so idk what the full blown effects of 1g might truly be, although I definitely got some of the effects. I have one friend who is willing to chill with me while I take these but he does not have experienced with psychedelics, other than one occasion trying salvia. I was wondering how critical an experienced trip sitter actually is? It would be more comforting to me knowing that I had an experienced trip sitter so that part does concern me. Also due to the quarantine, where to trip is a bit limited. not sure how I feel about possible people passing by. Found a spot in the woods but if it's nice enough out I know we will not be the only ones there necessarily. What do you guys think?

I am also an over-thinker and have anxiety which is arguably makes it a stupid idea to take psychedelics but the curiosity is also kinda killing me. How do I get over the idea of possibly not having an experienced trip sitter? Anyone else here in my position who went through the same thing?

Having a friend you're *comfortable* with, even without first hand tripping experience, should be ok. Just be very certain that the person who will be with you is someone you're very comfortable being around, as being around the wrong people can absolutely destroy an otherwise good trip.

Having a friend you're *comfortable* with, even without first hand tripping experience, should be ok. Just be very certain that the person who will be with you is someone you're very comfortable being around, as being around the wrong people can absolutely destroy an otherwise good trip.
thats what I'd like to think also. People were saying just do it alone. Being very honest with myself that sounds like it can go horribly wrong. Unless I had the house to myself which doesnt seem likely any time soon. I've had these in the freezer for 6 months and idk how much longer theyll stay good for (these are dried shrooms)

I am of the same mind. I do have a desire to try shrooms and possibly MDMA to help with PTSD and some other issues, but using alone is probably not a good idea for me. When I get back to the states, I have several places for picking shrooms, I may just go for it.

I am of the same mind. I do have a desire to try shrooms and possibly MDMA to help with PTSD and some other issues, but using alone is probably not a good idea for me. When I get back to the states, I have several places for picking shrooms, I may just go for it.
from my own experience with mdma, a standard dose has always been a good time for me while I was high on it because it kind of pushes your brain to be happy, however I used it kinda often and would feel not so great afterwards. just make sure what your'e taking is clean enough and not to do it too often lol but I haven't used it therapeutically

from my own experience with mdma, a standard dose has always been a good time for me while I was high on it because it kind of pushes your brain to be happy, however I used it kinda often and would feel not so great afterwards. just make sure what your'e taking is clean enough and not to do it too often lol but I haven't used it therapeutically
Thank you for the advice 😊

one of my biggest concerns is also if I need to use the bathroom lol

I've been completely black out drunk and navigated the bathroom okay. Not sure how that would go on shrooms 🤣

I would think 2 grams of shrooms is like sex, whether you do it alone or with someone else either way you're going to cum.

This may not be the best HR advice but: You both should be fine taking these alone. A lot of people are overly cautious when it comes to first timers and mushrooms but in my experience I've never found it to be a problem. I think doing opioids alone put you at greater risk than taking mushrooms alone. You shouldn't have any problems using the bathroom and the dose is low enough that I wouldn't worry about anything like a break with reality. If you don't have pre-existing mental health issues you should be good to go.

I think you will be fine especially with the MDMA. If your goal is working through PTSD I would advise a partner for both of these substances though. The MDMA will open you up and it will be nice to have someone to talk to when that happens. The mushrooms may or may not do something similar but will be more fun with company. I would advise trying the MDMA first in the company of someone you really trust (perhaps someone that went through similar trauma). If you're currently visiting a doctor for the PTSD and you trust them maybe float the idea of using the MDMA during a session by them. Otherwise, a group of friends/family should suffice.

I'm not a doctor, just a guy that's done a lot of trip sitting for people with similar issues. In all of those sessions I can't recall anyone getting into a place where I couldn't talk them through whatever they were dealing with at the time. That said, taking mushrooms always runs the risk of putting you in a place where you aren't having fun and I've gotten there a few times myself. I always felt better when the peak was over but they can be distressing. Mushrooms can be a difficult substance to work with and it's never the same from trip to trip. In my experience they tend to treat you well when approached with respect and have never shown me anything I didn't need to see. It's just that sometimes what you need to deal with isn't what you want to deal with. They have a way of bringing those difficult thoughts that you've locked way down inside right to the surface.

If you are going to take them alone you should do it in a safe place. This means your own house, or bedroom, or your private cabin in the woods if you're lucky enough to have one. Taking them in a public area your first time, with no sitter, is a recipe for disaster. Until you have experience avoid public venues like bars, parties, or festivals.