• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos waking up ealry

bomber

Bluelighter
I need to wake up early tomorow morning but Im used in sleeping in the morning and being awake all night. So, I figured that a benzo could help me fall asleep tonight. I have only half a pill of vulbegal(=1 mg of flunitrazepam). My question is, will it get harder to wake up tomorow morning if I take it?

Honestly I don't think it will be so hard, flunitrazepam is maybe the strongest benzo for what I've heard/read (still have to test it), but if you take a small dose and don't mix it specially with alchol I don't think you will black out for days like with other harder meds (the one you see in the movies let's say). But I may be wrong, check other replies from other users.

You can test with 500ug and see how it goes?

Yes it will be harder, but if you take a therapeutic dose, you should still be able to wake up with an alarm and some coffee

A lot of times I will get better quality sleep during the night and actually get up easier and on time.

If you can't function on one day of partial sleep deprivation isn't that not normal? Have you been checked for sleep apnea

If you can't function on one day of partial sleep deprivation isn't that not normal? Have you been checked for sleep apnea

When I was working at morning I was able to get my self in a morning-fuctioning routine, but yeah, when there ain't a reason to get up early every morning Ill eventually end up sleeping too late or sleeping at the morning and being awake all or most of the night. I just fuction better and have a better mood at night, especially during winter for some reason.

As for the pill, I took it but did little for me-my alcohol tolerance should be the explanation.

^ I wouldn't say "fucked up". Just different, maybe.

Could be a billion things...Irrelevant.

All I know is do not make this a habit. If you feel you have sleep problems see a doctor and get them to refer you to a counselor and they can help you out and try things like CBT which i've just explored and it's very useful for any sleep related anxiety.

My insomnia got so bad that it lead to RC 'legal high' benzo use (and some opiate use that wasn't addiction but became problematic) - I thought I could control it, like most people believe. "just once or twice a week maximum, or for the odd stressful situation". That's fine, if you can manage that, but you are dancing with the devil: Benzos trick your mind the same way opiates do (but worse in my opinion, with infinitely worse WD's than heroin). Suddenly it becomes 3 times a week, 4 times. Then you believe you can stop. You might be able to the first 4 or 5 times with only rebound symptoms.....But it's so very easy to have a "fuck it" moment and use it for a whole week, or every other day for a few weeks, thinking you can stop because they seem pretty benign... But then you try to stop and realise you are in a world of shit.

Sorry not preaching, just dont want another benzo horror story and a potential year (or years) of misery for you (or anyone). I have been tapering for 9 months now with a few relapses with diazepam after fucking with clonazolam,flunitrazepam, etizolam, etc.and I am now having to get CBT therapy at a clinic because I literately cannot function without popping a benzo at night: My brain and mind has literately forgotten how to sleep naturally and now it's going to take a year and a huge amount of effort and suffering to get it back. Not worth it. I was stupid and arrogant thinking that just because I could control other very addictive drugs like meth, oxy, even heroin (chipping) for the most part relatively well, I could control benzos. Nope. For me they are the most addictive drugs in the world.

Be very very careful. If you must, take it once a week: I get they can be useful for pre-op anxiety, phobias of flying etc and very short term use under strict supervision (seriously, see a doctor, don't self-medicate with benzos). If you find yourself taking more than 2 a week stop immediately and consider why you need to use them.

If you absolutely must - try sedating anti-histamines instead: Not physically addicting, but again the rebound symptoms can be pretty fucking nasty. Promethazine is the best IMO, diphenhydramine okay etc. They don't deal with the anxiety though, just knock you out. Melatonin I find helpful for jetlag and resetting body clock - personally don't see any evidence it is addictive.

Herbs: Valerian (works on Gaba), Lavender oil, Chamomile, and for some St. John's Wort (SSRI?) work but don't expect miracles from them. Still better than all the above.

I have a hard time waking up in the mornings following benzo use due to the fact that in many cases (especially with clonazepam) I almost feel the benzo relaxation stronger than the night before upon waking.