• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Waitress Handed Her Own Stolen Driver’s License By Customer

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
When Brianna Priddy, a server at a Colorado Applebee’s, asked a diner ordering an alcoholic beverage for her identification, she received quite a surprise.

The woman, dining at the Lakewood, Colo., restaurant with three men on Feb. 25, handed Priddy her own driver’s license, the sameone that had been in Priddy’s wallet when it was stolen nearly two weeks prior.

Instead of saying out loud the thoughts racing in her head, Priddy calmly examined the license, took the woman’s drink order and left the table.

“I don’t know what came over me,” Priddy, 24, told ABCNews.com. “I just wanted the cops there so I had to just act like everything was alright.”

She told her managers and then called police.

“I don’t even remember exactly what I said,” Priddy said. ”I was shaking like crazy.”

“They were asking for a description and I said, ‘No, she’s sitting in the restaurant. You need to get down here now,’” she said.

When police arrived, they arrested the female. In a later search of the suspect’s car, police also found drugs and drug paraphernalia, along with Priddy’s student ID, according to police.

Making the situation even stranger, the suspect, whose name has not been released because it is an ongoing investigation, is 26 years old, making her of legal age to purchase an alcoholic beverage on her own.

“It makes us suspicious why she would use Brianna’s ID and not her own when she’s old enough to buy a drink in a bar,” Lakewood Police spokesman Steve Davis told ABCNews.com.

The woman faces charges of drug possession as well as theft, identity theft and possibly criminal impersonation, the latter three of which are all felonies, according to Davis.

cont at
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...d-her-own-stolen-drivers-license-by-customer/

I wonder if this could've been handled without calling the cops. Like maybe she could've taken her money and ID back. Certainly if she got all her coworkers to back her up, the diners would've been overpowered.

We don't need to involve the cops in every little incident. That's the reason they have so much power over us: we think they're indispensable. Anyway, all of this is debatable. I just really hate cops. Except for the ones at my gym, who are pretty cool people.

We don't need to involve the cops in every little incident

Identity theft is pretty serious. I think if I knew someone was *pretending to be me without my permission* I would call the fucking cops right then and there.

Identity theft is pretty serious. I think if I knew someone was *pretending to be me without my permission* I would call the fucking cops right then and there.

Esssspecially if they've been writing bad checks in your name, you have to clean all that shit up officially.

I wonder if this could've been handled without calling the cops. Like maybe she could've taken her money and ID back. Certainly if she got all her coworkers to back her up, the diners would've been overpowered.

We don't need to involve the cops in every little incident. That's the reason they have so much power over us: we think they're indispensable. Anyway, all of this is debatable. I just really hate cops. Except for the ones at my gym, who are pretty cool people.

no, if some bitch stole my id and was using it id call the cops forsure
rot in a slammer all i give a fuck

The police are the Frankenstein's monster of modern society. You can use them as bodyguard, but don't be surprised when they turn around and rip your head off.

The police are the Frankenstein's monster of modern society. You can use them as bodyguard, but don't be surprised when they turn around and rip your head off.

The stupid bitch woulda been begging for the police if I had caught her with my stuff she had stolen!!!

I feel like Applebee's would've fired her if she had approached the woman. People get in all kinds of crazy trouble relating to customers...like at a local mall for example, the employees are not allowed to follow potential shoplifters out of there store nor are they allowed to even say anything to them, they just have to call security as per the rules.

I totally see what you're saying though-and agree, Numbers.

True, but for me, I have worried about getting nailed by cops ever since becoming a teenager, so if they can serve some purpose for me, it is about time that they start to help protect me, instead of threatening me because I choose to use drugs.

thats funny, i feel the same way. get friendly with them and if you happen to get pulled over it increases your chances of getting off. but yes, most cops are power crazed buttholes who just want to bust ppl to make their jacket thicker to move up in the world, detective, SIS, robery homicide, narcotics, ect.

Making the situation even stranger, the suspect, whose name has not been released because it is an ongoing investigation, is 26 years old, making her of legal age to purchase an alcoholic beverage on her own.

“It makes us suspicious why she would use Brianna’s ID and not her own when she’s old enough to buy a drink in a bar,” Lakewood Police spokesman Steve Davis told ABCNews.com.

What an idiot.