• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wait time from Suboxone to Heroin

Mpardo

Greenlighter
Hi. I've been taking Suboxone 8mg consistently for the past month and a half. I'm prescribed an orange film and a half per day. I want to do a shot of heroin every now and then. Fellow user 'A' advised me that however long I've been taking Suboxone, I have to stay off of it that much longer to do heroin again. Meaning I would need to stay off of Suboxone for a month and a half, otherwise I would be wasting my shot of heroin. Fellow user 'B' told me that no matter how long I've been taking it, all I needed to do was stay off of Suboxone for just a few days to do heroin again. So who is correct on this? Fellow user A or Fellow user B? In terms of feeling my next heroin shot, do I need to wait a month and a half or just a few days?

My initial question is why even take thebsib at all? Court related? Anyways, I dunno if this falls under helping folks get high, but you seem determined. Person A has no idea what they are talking about.

I would look up how long suboxone stays in the brain. My guess is if you have to take it everyday consistently, it doesnt have a very long half life. I wouldnt advice going back to heroin tobe honest. But to each there own. I wish you luck in getting better whenever you feel os necessary

I always heard three days. Although my buddy told me he had the nods going off some shit just from 12 hours off subs. But user A is wrong

Thank you everyone. And yes I am currently on probation. I don't wanna do heroin as much as I have before, because it made me physically addicted. Just one more time, if I can do it.

I'm wondering the same thing. After two doses of Suboxone in one day at 4:30 a.m. and noon yesterday I want to know when I can take heroin again and feel it. The 4:30 dose put me into instant precipitated withdrawal.

One more time eh? Yeah it's always the last, or always could be

User A is, Wrong. User B is overly cautious-Honestly it varies, however once wd starts to set in, you will feel true diamorphine (or the febtanly it's paved with). Actually, in a slight irony, fentanly can. E co-adminstered with buprenorphine- Please don't ever do that though
12mg? You'll need a day or two-I would take just 4mg one day, then wait 30-40 hours, then carefully do your DOC. A test shot maybe in order if the source has had a high quality, product. Or if it is accidentally something else-Buprenorphine is quite strong, yet, a partial agonist- Of course the longer you wait the better, though really that has nothing (or almost nothing) to do with suboxone, it is simply a result of wd causing tolerance to drop, and it continues to drop if you abstain from opioids. Buprenorphine has a slower wd, at especially with sublingual administration, which has. T1/2 of somewhere around 12-40 hours, vs IV, which is 1.5-7(?) hours, mean 3-4- so you wait less with alternate routes of administration, you also go into wd, faster, perhaps much faster, just a little info for someone browsing

Again, take a lower dose of buprenorphine whenever you plan to do this, like 4-8ng, then, I would recommend waiting 30-40 hours, after the reduced dose, and he careful (Sorry that turned out long)

If i am on subs and do H for a few days and stop will i go through withdrawal. That?s my question because i have been in subs and have been doing H this week and now am scared i will go through withdrawal but if i am in subs will i go through withdrawal?