• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

w/d's and low dose of kratom experience

neverFeelinNormal

Greenlighter
Hello everyone.

This my first post even though I have been on this site on and off for 10 + years

I did some searches and found a few opinions and would love some newer feedback.

Quick recap on me :

I was a heroin addict for about 5-6 years. Just celebrated my 10 years off the tar (woohoo). unfortunately about 10 months ago started on hydros for a back injury and now ive been on straight bupenrorphine for about 4 months. started at 4mgs a day.

I took all my hydros over about 4 days (60 - 10/325s). then the next day took my final dose of 2mg of bupe and jumped.

Today is day 8 for me and still feelin kinda shitty.

I've never used it before in my life, but I have been using low doses of Kratom for about 5 of the 8 days, when the wd's started kicking in around day 3. once or twice a day around 3-4mg of red bali.

I've read so many conflicting opinions about using kratom. I dont really enjoy it, like its not something I would use for fun, im using strictly to help with my wd from this horrible drug buprenorphine. In retrospect, I wish i told my doctor to Eff off and just kick the hydros. I know it couldnt be worse than kicking a 5 year dope habit. But whatever, thats in the past and Im here now.

I really hope Im not prolonging a worse withdrawal, but my gut tells me I'm not because as i reduce my Kratom use I am starting to feel a LITTLE better.

Like my sex drive is coming back
Im hitting the porcelain thrown like a normal person ( no more constipation)

Of course I do feel all my emotions coming at me at once. Its like a hammer of feelings just smacked me in the head. This is not new to me, i remember this all happening 10 years back.

So my main concern is the Kratom. What do you guys think?

Its really taken the edge off considering bupe withdrawals last so much longer than when I quit the tar

Thanks everyone for reading and if anyone has any similar experiences I would love to know how it went for you.

=D

All I know is that I spent a month getting better from bupe the last time I quit it. I did the wd all wrong though, I hit the benzos hard, the kratom hard, the alcohol hard, then lay in bed for a fortnight feeling sorry for myself and smoking lots of weed.

It would probably have been a different story if I had actually forced myself up and about, but god it took ages to recover from all that. Horrid!

I don't see the problem with using Kratom for a week or two to ease the WD, but you've got to come off it at some point. Have a nose round 'The Dark Side' forum on here, and read the post I've put up about megadosing vitamin C for opiate withdrawal. I never saw myself becoming a vit C advocate, but it really has done the trick for me. I quit the pods last Wednesday. It's something I've done probably 15 times in the past, and is always a skanky painful experience. Nothing like lying in bed, unable to get comfy or keep your limbs still because it feels like you need to itch the inside of your bones.

Anyway, the vit C thing has worked absolute wonders for me, it really did remove 80% of wd. And there's others from here that have posted similar success (in the same thread). Might be worth a try for the tiny outlay of £15 on a tub of sodium ascorbate.

Yea, thats what Ive been reading. Everyone says that staying busy and active makes a huge difference. I def have been doing that so I'm hopeful. I dont see myself using the kratom for more than another 5 -7 days at most.

I'll have to read up on that. I remember way back in the day like the first or 2nd time trying to kick H, I read something about making some kind of vitamin C mixture that was supose to be helpful. I think i did it wrong cuz it really messed up my stomach. Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated!

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! I've never used kratom for opiate withdrawals but I imagine it wouldn't hurt. Do you feel like it's helping? The vitamin c might be upsetting your stomach if you don't have much food with it. Don't forget to keep yourself hydrated. Clonidine would be helpful too if you have access to that.

I jumped my 10 year run 7-1/2 weeks ago , I don't know if I would have made it w/o kratom - that stuff is a godsend for w/d ! The first 2 days were tough , not horrid at all just tough ..... You know .....
I'd recommend to anyone for getting time under your belt , I can't think of anything better for quitting - kratom ( and/or gabapentin ) -

I really appreciate the response guys, dont have too many people to run things by at the moment.

I do feel like its helping, its just when I think about withdrawaling, I keep thinking about how bad it was kick heroin

Kickin the sub is different but equally hard. It seems less intense but longer and more in waves. Not sleeping and the anxiety is probably the worst part. I do have some Gabapentin that is helping for sure and I'm going to ask my doctor for some clondine today. Maybe he will be super cool and throw in like 10 xanax to help : )

- I cup, thank you very much for your endorsement of Kratom for the short term. It makes me feel much better knowing it helped someone and didnt make it worse.

At night when I cant sleep I should be watching cat videos or something, but instead im just up all night reading horror stories about peoples experiences coming off Subs and other things. AND by the way Congrats on the 7+ weeks! I remember how good it feels when you hit around that 60 day mark. I felt like I was on top of the world! Awesome job!

Try not to read the horror stories. They can make you feel worse than you actually are and cause a lot of anxiety.

I've been on 400-600 mg oxy for a decade and spent the last 4 months tapering. About 6 weeks ago I jumped but was still taking 8-9 4mg dilaudid a day and it was much lower but I had bad abdominal pain. So after 4 days I started taking 3 4mg dilaudid a day since then. I jumped 96 hours ago exactly and it has been a cake walk so far. Still some bad points but nothing like other times. I took loperamide the last times and think it may have been contributing to my stomach pain because I didn't take it this time and it's been very mild pain. I am also taking Kratom but I'm taking 7g 2-3 times a day when I start feeling a bit worse and it helps take the edge off. I figure once I get to 9-10 days out I will start tapering the Kratom just like anything else probably for a week and quit it. I've just found tapering to make things so much easier.

At this point I honestly feel like I'm done and clean. I was never really mentally addicted as I haven't gotten a buzz from opiates in many, many years and I started for pain. The pain got a lot better but still isn't completely gone but I got to such high doses because my tolerance kept getting higher. That was my fault as I started altering ROA when my Dr didn't keep up with my tolerance and I found a way to get pain relief. I now know I screwed myself doing that. For the last few years the pain has been better but I needed them to feel normal because my body was so dependant. I guess that is a type of addiction to not want to hurt and to feel normal. But I wasn't doing it for fun and I want to stop so I really think they are in my past and I can now work on getting some of my life back and being happy. I haven't woken up and just felt great with the attitude that I'm going to seize the day and kick it's ass. Instead I wake up feeling like crap and rush to go get my pills going for the day. And I'm so over that!

Sorry for rambling but I guess I like to think of the good things to come now and it makes it much easier than worrying. Also, exercise is amazing to help with your mental state. It helps jump start endorphin production which is what naturally makes you feel good. It also helps get all those toxins out of your body and a get hard workout helps you sleep at night.

I wouldn't worry about the Kratom if it's helping and just get off it as quick as you can. That's my plan at least. Best of luck!

400-600mg? Wow, that's high! Respect for the progress you've made.

And I know what you mean about the horror stories, I always freak myself out reading them when I'm about to rattle and I've no idea why.

Yea i'm gearing up to start skipping days on my bupe taper, im scared. Im at one mg a day ish but with 8mg gen suboxone tabs its really hard to get to that low dose under one mg down to .25 mg idealy before skipping days between doses. So i know im in for some ochytime. But bzds will help might swoop up some kratom extract an see if that works. But yea I got on subs in 08 got off got back on till now I really want to end my hateful daily relationship with bupe. Idk if its worse than methadone. But "foxtrot unicorn charlie kilo" im afraid of acute wd even at these low doses that I have been on for years.

UHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGG fucking life.

Hello Never and welcome.
Congrats on 10 years off H. I'm sorry you stumbled for a bit with pain medicines. Percocet was my downfall so I understand the hold they have.
I decided to kick pain medicines using about 100-150mg daily and I used Kratom and doses Imodium AD. It really was a blessing for me.
I used 2-3tsp of Kratom a couple times a days for about 10 days whenever my body was bugging out from withdraw. Along with Kratom, I walked. For me it kept me from sitting and feeling sorry for myself or re cleaning everything in hopes I would find a pill. I also read here and all around the internet.
As you can tell I'm all for Kratom. I will still take a dose when I feel a little off kilter but that doesn't happen much anymore. I have had no withdraw from the Kratom and think it due to the short term use.
I hope Kratom helps you also.

Things are starting to look a lot better. I did read so many horror stories, and I want to be one of those success stories to help people know its not going to be sooooo bad. But bad enough.

Fucking kratom. it is seriously an amazing TOOL. It has helped soooo much. I even forgot to take some today, but im going to take a very low dose tonight anyways to be safe cuz nights are the worst for me.Not really a fan of the ROA im using, but its efficient and fast. I feel like im just pouring dirt down my throat and washing it down with powerade. Owell, it works and I can deal with a little dirt in my mouth.

My doctor is so fuckin awesome, im very lucky. Over the phone he was so supportive and got me some clonodine and refilled my prescription of Klonopin, but with a few extra cuz i already take that. We decided once the bupe is done its time to start tapering the klonopin, which im cool with.

I was feeling a bit better today and did some remolding on my parents house for them theyve been wanting done. So i did my good deed and busted my ass all day, so two positives there.

-Krazikomi, Sounds like youre doing really good. I iwsh i had tapered a bit low, cuz 1mg is still pretty high to jump off. But to be honest, there has only been a couple of REALLY bad days. With the help of Gabapentin, Kratom, and some Benzos it hasnt been as hard as i thought it would be. Dont get be wrong. Withdrawal is withdrawal and it SUCKS! When your ready to jump, let me know and I could give you my shcedule for the last 10 days, maybe itll help you?

I have just been re creating kicking heroin in my head so long and expecting that. I was just scaring myself. So I know you can jump too. Def check out using some Kratom. Im amazed

Thanks for all your guys support. Talk to you soon.

Krazikomi

If you want to get under 1 mg I will give you my trick for getting real small doses from one bigger pill.

I get a couple syringes with caps. Bigger is easier but if you get a few oral syringes from the pharmacy that will work and some come with caps. You don't absolutely need the cap but it makes it easier and let's you take some on the go without worrying about spilling. But with bupe where you only need to take it once every few days it's probably not needed.

Pull the plunger out of one and drop your pill in and put plunger back in. Draw some water in and carefully measure out the amount of ml you want. If you have a 8mg pill and put 4ml, or whatever will fit that is convenient. Once it dissolves then you know each 1 ml has 2 mg of meds in it. Or whatever you decide to use for volume. The mg of pill divided by number of ml will give you the amount of mg per ml. Once the pill is dissolved all the meds will be completely dissolved and evenly dispersed in the water. Some pills have binders that don't dissolve so if there is sediment you don't really need to worry about it as it's inert and doesn't contain anything active.

You can then take 1 ml of previous example and add to another syringe. It would have 2 mg of meds so if you add enough water for a total of 4 ml, then each ml will have 0.5 mg of meds. And 0.5 ml will have 0.25 mg. I then carefully squeeze out how much you want into one last syringe and then use that one to squirt it into mouth. I use the last syringe because it's hard to see what you are doing when trying to get it in your mouth.

This way you can get a fairly accurate dose down to small amounts.

I've found tapering to make things a lot easier than jumping from a higher dose. But there gets a point where you start taking such a small amount that you are in mild withdrawals and it hurts and you're more prone to convince yourself a little more won't hurt. But the slower you taper and the more you draw it out the less that happens.

Once I get to that point you can either take a little more and take a slightly higher amount for a longer time before dropping or if it is pretty low amount you can jump from there. I get to a point where it's just not doing much and if you are hurting in between doses I would rather jump and get off it and get it over with rather than drawing it out more and hurting but still taking it.

If you reduce the amount you are taking by about 25% I find it doesn't hurt too bad and is tolerable. The longer you take that dose the more you get used to it though it probably won't help with any cravings that first day but gets a bit better after that.

Just how I've done it when trying to divide a bigger pill accurately.

Best of luck.