• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants vyvanse

xannyhead

Bluelighter
Ive been taking vyvanse (30mg). Started taking it around 11 months ago cuz of impulsivity, but Im not diagnosed with ADHD, only GAD. It helps me a bit, but I don´t want to make vyvanse an everyday thing forever. Am starting to be skeptic about my psychiatrist, and started taking sertraline 25mg 3 weeks ago. Still no effects. Plan on quitting both, but I feel like I cant function without vyvanse, im just too tired throughout the day and sleepy.
My question is: should I be taking vyvanse even if I dont have ADHD or binge eating issues? Is impulsivity enough for a prescription?
question 2: Should I give sertraline 25mg a chance? Try it for at least 2 months and see if it helps me with anxiety ?

You're likely tired throughout the day when you don't take it due to withdrawal. Binge eating (particularly on foods that spike blood sugar levels) will leave you feeling tired most of the time as well. Vyvanse will suppress appetite, so you'll feel more awake due to it's stimulating effects and the change in diet.

A few things you can take that can help to combat tolerance are Magnesium, Tyrosine and Tryptophan/5-HTP. A good quality multi-vitamin will help you to maintain more consistent energy levels as well.