• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse vs meth seizure potential

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
My friend just started taking vyvanse, 40mg in the morning. She felt like she was going to have a seizure about 10~hrs after taking it and is terrified about taking it again. She's had 2 seizures prior to this event.

She can use methamphetamine just fine without feeling like she is going to seize up.

Does vyvanse have a higher potential than ice to produce seizures? I seriously doubt it would. But I decided to ask on here to put her mind at ease.

Both rarely ever cause seizures if you hare expiriencing seizures from any of these your either oding or u have underline health issues hwoever feeling like u bout to seize up is normal from both in large doses however u will never actully seize up howver cartiovascular/heart problems are another deadly story shes just paranoid off a high dose i use to expirience this ALOT with stims but i never seized up once directly from amp use

and if u guys are afraid of those type of symptons u guys should really stay off meth meth is notorious for causing paranoia about things that never actully happen which can be as severe as u thinkin ur eyes gonna pop out

And you answered ur own question she had 2 seizures prior to this like wtf tht aint the meth thats her and the meth might increase risk but fuck now even im paranoid bout seizrue readin bout this even tho tht aint fuckin happenming

Vyvanse / Lisdexamfetamine is dextroamphetamine with a Lysine chain added to make it a prodrug. Meaning it has to chop off the lysine with a rate limited enzymatic cleavage for the D-Amp to become available. The duration of action is roughly 11 hours so by 10 hours the effect should be waning.

Meth is available almost instantly and has a longer duration then IR dextroamphetamine. It would make more sense that the Meth would be more prone to causing a seizure, but there are tons of variables at work with your friends condition that make this question difficult to answer. Such as any other meds she might be on and how they might interact with each Amp. Lastly, the comedown from each Amp might produce feelings of agitation or uneasiness that could be mistaken for an impending seizure, each Amp having different crash characteristics. Another problem is seizures often occur with no warning which makes picking out the "worse" amp futile.

I would suggest your friend use an abundance of caution regarding stimulants and her condition.

I know from personal experience, I've had a couple of "absence" style seizures on meth, but I've got signs of other neurological issues. A friend of mine had 2 full blown, on the ground convulsing type seizures while tweaking.

Meth does hit like a freight train vs Vyvanase so it would def seem like worse of two evils, for a seizure inducing quality that is.