• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse vs concerta

JohnnyCohay

Greenlighter
Any insight on effectiveness and or side effects of vyvanse/concerta would be appreciated. Good feeling vs bad (like anxiety)?

Both are effective, release their respective drugs very consistently, and generally well tolerated. What is your experience with stimulants, preference between amphetamine vs methylphenidate, dosage and other relevant info? May help to get better answers.

Vyvanse works for my concentration but makes me a little anxious. Thinking of switching to concerta in hopes of smoother stimulation. I've tried the regular Ritalin and - like vyvanse - it makes me shaky.

Perhaps then you are more sensitive to amphetamine type drugs than methylphenidate ones as Vyvanse intrinsically releases d-amp very smoothly. Concerta, or the generics using the same release technology (called OROS) is probably the smoothest you will get among the various ER methylphenidate products. There is an IR component to Concerta though, so watch out for anxiety still and change dosage accordingly.

Vyvanse doen't have too many side effects for me except broken dick syndrome. That doesn't go away unlike on IR addies once it wears off. If that's not an issue for you, I find vyvanse better in every way to MPH formulations. Vyvanse is pretty mild though, even on 70 mg. As far as less anxiey, vyvanse is prob the least anxiogenic of them all with little crash. MPH always gave me headaches and side effects. Even the er versions can be a little short lived iirc.