• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Vyvanse - potentially serious cardiac issues but hospital says no

reflexor

Bluelighter
To preface I have been taking vyvanse for 3 months now and stims for 6-7.

The first time I got my 30x20mg vyvanse script I abused it all and finished it 4 days. No cardiac symptoms at all, although I did have propranolol to help me this time around. The next time I got my script which was upped to 30x40mg I took 8 in the first day totalling 320mg, it got real scary. I became tachcardic and was getting palpitations and these ectopic beats where my heart would pause for a couple seconds and then start again which was very scary. So I went to the ER, they did 2 EKG's on me and found nothing so sent me home.

The next week I took probably ~200mg in ~24 hours, so less but still high, I had done it before tho. This was the same experience I had the week before. I got so worried I called an ambulance - again they found nothing apart from tachycardia (~145 maintaining) but nothing else. At the hospital they did a chest x-ray and monitored me for a couple of hours but didn't find anything, and once again sent me home. Its important to note that the ectopic beats weren't happening and the palpitations were far less frequent while I was being monitored or tested on the EKG. Now in my 7 month stim career I have always been totally fine to take really any dose I wanted and not have any troubles with anxiety or my heart. But all of a sudden after this vyvanse binge 3 months ago, anytime I touch a stim its hell, but I can't stop. I don't sleep very well but I try to eat and drink as much water as I can. Is this a problem with my anxiety causing these cardiac issues or is my heart actually damaged from something the hospital couldn't find.

I took 80mg this morning and I'm having it again, my heart is at 132 and I cannot stop moving because every time I am still it starts palpating.

Could someone reccommend some remedies, I have doxylamine (1st gen anti-histamine) but thats really it as far as downers go. I really need this anxiety to go away I am super worried for my next 10 hours.Please please help!

I would just wait it out. Would definitely avoid doxylamine, the class as a whole has a tendency to speed up heart rate a bit (as well as a variety of cardiovascular irregularities).

Agmatine might help if you have (commonly sold a nutritional supplement), maybe a large dose of taurine.

Its a a panic attack.
Had it too.
Couple of times.
U combine propanolol with vyvanse ?

I dont understand why nobody knows 5htp.
Its great for anxiety

Last edited:
I dont understand why nobody knows 5htp.
Its great for anxiety
5-htp is very weak, in me it has zero effects because of pre-existing tolerance to serotonergic antidepressants. In other times it helped me a bit with tapering off a SNRI but just a bit. One would need to take 5-htp together with a peripheral carboxylase inhibitor to avoid the majority of it to become metabolized into serotonin in the gut before it even reaches the brain but then it might become dangerously potent.

5-htp is very weak, in me it has zero effects because of pre-existing tolerance to serotonergic antidepressants. In other times it helped me a bit with tapering off a SNRI but just a bit. One would need to take 5-htp together with a peripheral carboxylase inhibitor to avoid the majority of it to become metabolized into serotonin in the gut before it even reaches the brain but then it might become dangerously potent.
I take 5htp since 2 years and it has a big effect on me, not like in the beginning, but yes.
How do I get that carboxylase inhibitor ?
Dangerously potent sound very very good, I want that.

There was no difference in efficacy between the two treatments.

The first time I got my 30x20mg vyvanse script I abused it all and finished it 4 days. No cardiac symptoms at all, although I did have propranolol to help me this time around. The next time I got my script which was upped to 30x40mg I took 8 in the first day totalling 320mg, it got real scary. I became tachcardic and was getting palpitations and these ectopic beats where my heart would pause for a couple seconds and then start again which was very scary. So I went to the ER, they did 2 EKG's on me and found nothing so sent me home.

The next week I took probably ~200mg in ~24 hours, so less but still high, I had done it before tho. This was the same experience I had the week before. I got so worried I called an ambulance - again they found nothing apart from tachycardia (~145 maintaining) but nothing else. At the hospital they did a chest x-ray and monitored me for a couple of hours but didn't find anything, and once again sent me home. Its important to note that the ectopic beats weren't happening and the palpitations were far less frequent while I was being monitored or tested on the EKG. Now in my 7 month stim career I have always been totally fine to take really any dose I wanted and not have any troubles with anxiety or my heart. But all of a sudden after this vyvanse binge 3 months ago, anytime I touch a stim its hell, but I can't stop. I don't sleep very well but I try to eat and drink as much water as I can. Is this a problem with my anxiety causing these cardiac issues or is my heart actually damaged from something the hospital couldn't find.

I took 80mg this morning and I'm having it again, my heart is at 132 and I cannot stop moving because every time I am still it starts palpating.

Could someone reccommend some remedies, I have doxylamine (1st gen anti-histamine) but thats really it as far as downers go. I really need this anxiety to go away I am super worried for my next 10 hours.Please please help!
Well that's tachycardia and I don't know if it's fibrillating or not, but palpitations caused by stimulant abuse can cause atrial fibrillation. Fibrillation. That can cause heart attacks, I'm not trying to scare you. You I'm just trying to be serious.
If I were you I would go to the hospital or at least call my doctor.
They can manage your stimulant use, probably prescribe a beta blocker for the irregular heartbeat, and a benzo for your anxiety and heartbeat.

This is nothing to f*** around with.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I did read them at the time!

I did a f*ck ton of tests at the hospital which found literally nothing at all.
But I don't wanna die, so I got a referral to a cardiologist - really fuckin intelligent guy.
He eventually concluded I have Asymmetric Septal Hypertrophy!

I'm now on beta blockers and livin a lot better. Haven't had a stim since this post.
Unfortunately, I know I'll be back to it, because one day I'll look at the e-script and forget how fucked up my life was on stims.

I hate myself for all of the manipulating doctors and family into thinking I have injuries or faking chronic things like RLS so I could get gabapentin.
I mean I'm prescribed Gabapentin, Vyvanse, Ritalin (still valid), codeine (30/500), diazepam

Someone has to know, why the fuck isn't anyone stopping me.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I did read them at the time!

I did a f*ck ton of tests at the hospital which found literally nothing at all.
But I don't wanna die, so I got a referral to a cardiologist - really fuckin intelligent guy.
He eventually concluded I have Asymmetric Septal Hypertrophy!

I'm now on beta blockers and livin a lot better. Haven't had a stim since this post.
Unfortunately, I know I'll be back to it, because one day I'll look at the e-script and forget how fucked up my life was on stims.

I hate myself for all of the manipulating doctors and family into thinking I have injuries or faking chronic things like RLS so I could get gabapentin.
I mean I'm prescribed Gabapentin, Vyvanse, Ritalin (still valid), codeine (30/500), diazepam

Someone has to know, why the fuck isn't anyone stopping me.
Yeah you kind of got to stay away from those stimulants. Even with beta blockers, someone with your heart condition shouldn't take substances that can cause arrhythmias.

Did you develop the hypertrophy from having high blood pressure?

Vyvanse being slow release, likely won't cause any problems.

If you need meds you need meds.

If you don't need them, don't take them.

Yeah you kind of got to stay away from those stimulants. Even with beta blockers, someone with your heart condition shouldn't take substances that can cause arrhythmias.

Did you develop the hypertrophy from having high blood pressure?

Vyvanse being slow release, likely won't cause any problems.

If you need meds you need meds.

If you don't need them, don't take them.
Nah its a genetic thing - my parents must have carried some recesive alleles for this gene unfortunately.
It almost definitely has been worsened by the excessive use of stimulants though.

I have had pretty severe ADHD all my life so its kind of the only med I need but I'm worried I will start abusing them again. I really do want to just take it therapeutically ):

Lmao stop taking so damn much then 🤣🤣🤣 Jesus titi fuckin Christ u gotta chill out on that a bit thas waaay too much my dude lol