• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse: need advice

L

lowkey-fuckedup

A buddy recently started taking Vyvanse. I believe it is meant to act as a smoother, less addictive, and more consistent alternative to Adderall. A friend offered him some because he thought it would help him stay awake (buddy has serious issues with passing out in the mornings if he sits still for too long, regardless of how much sleep he gets). Low and behold, it kept him awake. But it has also proven extremely useful in other areas for him. It helps him focus, makes him stop twitching so much, and allows him to bring all of his attention to one task, working more effectively and far quicker. He also notices it makes him want to be a good person. He starts to reminisce and regret past decisions, and tends to act with more passion and empathy. He wants to help people, and tends to get into long, philosophical talks with other people. He also has a tendency to become more emotional and open about sensitive areas in his life. More than once, he has started compiling a list of people he has wronged in the past, planning on making it up to them and helping them as best he could, but when the Vyvanse wore off, he would disregard these lists, usually without saying a word about them or the people on them. I'm trying to figure out just what this drug does, why it brings this behavior out of my friend, and what it means for him. Should he see a doctor about a prescription? He doesn't think his parents would approve of the medication, and told me he is worried about telling a doctor about his previous experiences since he was not prescribed Vyvanse and is not now. Any advice, help, resources, links, references, or personal experiences with the substance would be much appreciated.

You would want to speak with your doctor in order to get Vyvanse prescribed and see if they feel it would benefit you. Your parent's disapproval is another story (I'm assuming this is you) Moving to Basic Drug Discussion

Vyvanse will work on anyone. Vyvanse is amphetamine. Its like strong coffee. Just because coffee helps you focus doesnt mean you have add. That being said I highly doubt telling your doctor you took drugs your friend gave you would get you a prescription even if you did have a problem it could fix.

Your friend should get evaluated for ADHD. If they dont truly need the vyvanse it would be detrimental to their mental health in the long run to take an uneccesary drug daily and develop psychological dependence.

OP, forgive me for being crass, but you're not anything special here. I want to make that clear. Literally 99% of people who use Amphetamines make near-identical statements. Here are a few choice ones:

"It's so strange, I just work so much better on Adderall"

"I'm not even high on this, it just makes me feel normal"

"Writing papers is so easy on this, I should use it all the time"

"I'm not like those Amphetamine addicts, I'm using these drugs for school!"

Everyone's first experiences with Amphetamines lead them to think that their entire life should be conducted uder their influence, as everything would just be so much better. The fact is, Amphetamines are powerful drugs. Just because they prescribe it to little children doesn't mean it should be. They are deceptive in how they make one feel like they are a better verion of theirself. Everyone goes through this phase I feel.