• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse help

ezekiel_42

Greenlighter
So ive recently beeb prescribed vyvanse. Ive beenon it before as a kid but never abused it. Ove beeb on every other major stimulant prescribed and have taken and abused them. I've researched responsable drug use for aboyt two years wity a focus on stimulants. But i realized I dont have the same knowledge of vyvanse as I did with the others. I know that it is a pro drug. Dexamphetamine with l lysine. What I dont knoe and woukd luke to: is there a rate limit? What are the D-Amphetamine equvilants to the vyvanse dosage? Since it can't be abused via different ROA's, what are the (safest) ways that vyvanse is abused? And what differences should i expect from the high/peak/comedown of vyvanse compared to the same experience of other prescription amphetamine stimulants? And what differences are there in the precautions I shoukd take for vyvanse compared to the other prescription stimulants?
Help is greatly appreciated. Been abusing drugs safely and responsibly for 2 years, and want to continue that way.

Thanks

I've taken this a lot though not with the benediction a dr. gives you. assuming you read whatever megathread we have here on this particular drug I can anecdotally inform you that the medication in general feels like adderall XR except cleaner and more useful or eurphoric. It doesn't last all that much longer than amphetamine salts in adderall, the lysine is cleaved away pretty steadily in your blood. in fact, if you take two 70 mg pilld og it at once you'll experience the same comeup as you would on equivalent dosages of aadderall/whatever. There are pages you'll have to lookup that show the formula for converting lysdexamphet to adderall because adderall is a salt, dexedrine a free chemical (freebase? polar? i don't know the term exactly), and vyvanse is bound to the lighter dexedrine making it a 3 part equation. if i remember correctly 10 mg. of dexedrine is only 7 or so of aphemticamine sulphate, and then with adderall you're only getting 75% dex anyways.

sorry for rambling, but i think you'll find that vyvanse will be smoother and more effective than adderall, and only a tad lonnger in activity, and nothing more. It's a stimulant but as long as you don't bing on it you won't experience even as bad as adderall. just don't get addicted tho shit is fine pleasant and i've seen it take people down

is there a rate limit?

No. Higher doses actually lead to escalating serum levels (ie more efficient conversion), at least up to 280mg.

What are the D-Amphetamine equvilants to the vyvanse dosage?

It's very subjective indeed. But 70mg vyvanse (which converts to 20mg d-amp) is supposed to be equivalent to the maximum prescribed therapeutic doses of Adderall. So from an ADHD functionality perspective, considerably more efficacious using far less d-amp. But from a subjective, recreational POV, considerably less efficacious.

Since it can't be abused via different ROA's, what are the (safest) ways that vyvanse is abused?

Orally.

And what differences should i expect from the high/peak/comedown of vyvanse compared to the same experience of other prescription amphetamine stimulants?

None really. It's perhaps smoother, but I've had both abrupt and smooth 'comedowns'.

And what differences are there in the precautions I shoukd take for vyvanse compared to the other prescription stimulants?

Take the same precautions. It's the same drug, at the end of the day. Be sensible, keep your doses sensible, and try not to pointlessly chase the high.

No. Higher doses actually lead to escalating serum levels (ie more efficient conversion), at least up to 280mg.

It's very subjective indeed. But 70mg vyvanse (which converts to 20mg d-amp) is supposed to be equivalent to the maximum prescribed therapeutic doses of Adderall. So from an ADHD functionality perspective, considerably more efficacious using far less d-amp. But from a subjective, recreational POV, considerably less efficacious.

Orally.

None really. It's perhaps smoother, but I've had both abrupt and smooth 'comedowns'.

Take the same precautions. It's the same drug, at the end of the day. Be sensible, keep your doses sensible, and try not to pointlessly chase the high.
Greatly apreciate the info and well written response. Really made me feel like they weren't dumb questions and I felt very respected. Apreciate it much.