• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vyvanse causing groin pain.

psynce of sound

Bluelighter
A good friend of mine just got prescribed this med for his adult adhd. He has had a lot of groin pain since starting them. I've suggested that it could be psychosomatic pain.
Would there be a physical side effect of this nature or am I right in saying that it's psychosomatic?

I am having weird feelings in my left testicle and it has gotten a little larger. It feels like its almost twisted but I know it couldn't be cause that would be excruciating pain. The numbness/soreness seems to be at the top of my epididymis and extends up through left side of abdomen. I am almost sure something must be wrong, but the doctors and ultrasound show nothing...

This same thing happened to me recently but on the right side. Hadn't taken Adderall for a while and the day after I did it started. Ultrasounds all came out normal and I was sent home but was definitely something going on. Went away about 4 days later though.

It's not a commonly reported side-effect, but if you're worried about it, it would be a good idea to bring it up with your prescriber. The groin pain could be anything.