• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse and xanax...?

PillPoppinAnimal1

Bluelighter
So over the past 5 hours or so, I have takin 210 mg's of Vivanse, and I have a bunch of xanax on hand also, but I havent takin any of my xanax with the Vyvanse bcuz I dont want the zanny's to kill the good euphoric an intense high I have right now..

Does anyone know if some zanny's would kill my Vyvanse buzz, Or would it be a good combo?

P.s. I already know that I took a high dose of the Vyvanse so don't bother preaching.. haaa I have a huge tolerance for almost anything.. %)

It shouldn't kill the high, I personally like using benzos with stims, though some people prefer not to, it's fairly hit and miss. Just do a slightly lower than normal dose of xanax and see how it hits you.

okay cool I guess I will get to it right now then!! haha Do you know if it is at all comparable to a speed ball? Long ago I did those often and loved that feeling

Nah probably not on par, benzos don't really give much of a buzz. I've found they're good at getting rid of the jitteriness and anxiety you can get on stims though.

If you don't end up liking mixing the two, you could always save them for the night after you drop the Vyvanse. I can never get more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep -- if any at all -- with amphetamines (last night for example...), I've heard of people dropping benzos to get to sleep after stimulant use, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone trying to mix the two together. To me, it just sounds like it'd bring down the amps but that's just my guess; I personally never tried mixing the two and none of my friend told me they have. From the other posts it seems like a hit or miss so just do what you want!

thanks for your input.. I would think the same thing as you, so i only took .5 mg's of zanny just to get a taste of what it would do..

But now I'm mad because the vyvanse is wearing off a bit now and i dont want it to because I already know i not going to get any sleep now... Iv been reading people say that caffeine or soda will bring back the "high".. Do any of you guys know anything about that working? or something that would work to bring back the peak at all?

Iv gotta go to work here in a bit and I don't want to be in "comedown mode" right when I get to work.. haha

the zan's didn't really do anything.. I feel a tiny bit more laid back, but I took a small dose so I cant really notice.. after trying it though, I definitely think that the xanax would have completely killed my high if I took a larger dose.

But now I'm mad because the vyvanse is wearing off a bit now and i dont want it to because I already know i not going to get any sleep now... Iv been reading people say that caffeine or soda will bring back the "high".. Do any of you guys know anything about that working? or something that would work to bring back the peak at all?

I usually drink caffeine like water when I'm on speed, I went through 4 Mtn Dews in a 90-minute period yesterday without even meaning to like chug them. Caffeine probably won't "bring back the high" as much as it will just sort of give you the illusion that you're still really speedy because your heart rate is going crazy alongside the other affects that caffeine has. But I'm sure chugging caffeine is going to hold off the comedown more than not having any caffeine. But if you are going to drink caffeine, make sure you've got a steady supply all day so you don't end up hitting a hugeass crash halfway through your shift. Keeping the caffeine flowing will help you stay speedy in a way but it'll probably worsen the comedown.

Last edited:
sweet that answered my question perfectly.. thanks brotha! I just cracked an ice cold coke.. :)) guess I will wait and see.

210 mg of vyvanse is soooo pointless....

but anyways when I absued vyvanse I would get pretty panicky, especially after i drank an energy drink too so I took xanax and it helped a lot.
very small doses of xanax seem to work best to still keep you awake and speeding but the panic goes away.

yeah your totally right about the xanax and helping with all the shitty symptoms you get from the vyvanse high.. I did exactly what you just said in your post last night.. I just took one .5 mg zanny every hour or 2, I stayed speedy, but no jitters, and no anxiety feeling,. just a few zanny's was good. Still didn't sleep a single minute last night though.. haha

Oh yeah and I know now that it was pointless to take 210 mg's, but last night I popped 140 mg's to start off, waited like an hour and still didn't really feel much, so of course I took one more.. Then I got online and read that vyvanse can take 2 hours to kick in, I didn't know any of that when I started off last night.

I found my sweet spot with vyvanse to be like 50mg - 70mg. It takes a good 1-2 hours to kick in but you'll be good the whole day. Re-Dosing doesn't work. I wasted a lot of pills before I found that out. Your liver can only metabolize so much at once. (Unlike other amphs that get absorbed by your stomach lining) this pill is basically made to not be abused. Best to use vyvanse when you actually need to.

Boosting a vyvanse high

thanks for your input.. I would think the same thing as you, so i only took .5 mg's of zanny just to get a taste of what it would do..

Iv gotta go to work here in a bit and I don't want to be in "comedown mode" right when I get to work.. haha

To boost the effects of adderall or vyvanse I recommend Piracetam + Choline + L-Theanine

I've enjoyed xanax during the comedown period for relaxation/sleep. I have also had good experiences taking xanax as the vyvanse was kicking in to mellow out the speed buzz. Anything in between seems like it might interfere.

I used to try to take a bit of clonazepam with high doses of stims, Yeah, it totally killed the edginess, but I thought it sapped the euphoric qualities of the amps. Even with low doses of benzos, sure you are getting rid of some of the anxiety, but you're also loosing some of the euphoria. There's better options for smoothing out amps which for me actually add to the euphoria. Gabapentins pretty good but lyrica is even better. You should try to get your hands on some of that.

I hate taking Vyvanse or Adderall without taking a Xanax to take the edge off. Also, Xanax will make the euphoria from the Vyvanse last much longer. Generally without Xanax, Vyvanse will work for about 4 hours for me. With several Xanax over several hours, Vyvanse can last up to 12-15 hours. I have taken 3 Vyvanse 70 mg with 3 blue footballs and had that last 2 days without sleep. So much better w benzos