Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

VR while tripping

PassthatT

Bluelighter
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has tried virtual reality while tripping? I haven't, but I think it could be fun for a minute or so Haha.

I played a few games on a vr system while on ALD-52, then a second time on 3-meo-PCE. Both times were with a friend who I've known for years otherwise I think the experiences would have been overwhelming. It's bothersome at first while you're tripping to think about putting on the gear that dampens your senses.

That said, I played a ship blaster that was super fun and a few others, the lack of touch response I found to be annoying. My friend is getting a chair that does all the shaking and what not soon, I'm excited to try that out on a combo of lysergamides and dissociatives.

Oh wow haha that will be awesome when he gets that chair you are lucky! I'll have to try this as soon as I can!

I think it would work much better on a dissociative than a psychedelic, because classic psychedelics tend to make me hyper-aware of the artificiality and simplicity of video-game worlds, and I rather crave the infinitely nuanced complexity of something like a natural environment -- which is not comprised of a handful of polygons and pixels, but an astronomically complicated mess of subatomic wiggles.

MXE, on the other hand, did quite the opposite, and enhanced suspension of disbelief in video games. I would love to experience virtual reality on something like MXE. Or sober, for that matter!

I didn't think about that, video games do look simple while on psychedelics maybe if they had some sort of vr movie where you're flying through real landscapes or something like that! I haven't really messed with dissasociatives very much so I wouldn't know what the experience is like. I tried dxm a few times but it never hit me like everyone else even at pretty high doses

Hey PassthatT,

In short, my experience with VR and tripping has been very mixed. From some of my best gaming moments to my worst. The road is a long, twisting, and confusing one.

I found it pleasant when playing games like Windlands, or Flowers. (And other relaxing games)
I had one of the worst experiences of my life when I took some Ketamine ("Ket") and played Alien: Isolation in VR mode. I thought I was going to die.

Just pick a good game, listen to some calm music, and enjoy the trip.

Have fun and be safe,
fdizile

Oh and also, if you ever feel it's becoming a bit much... take off the headset. ;)

Imagine it on salvia? That might cause some existential pondering.