View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vortioxetin and LSD

Ghaenrynquau

Greenlighter
Both of them are 5ht1a agonists. Does vortioxetine thus block LSD-'s effect, is a stronger dose needed to kick vortioxetine off the receptor? Vortioxetine's Ki is 15 nM and LSD-'s 1,1 nM.

I am on vortioxetine.

I had to look up what it was.

Going to give a very generic answer: i don't think you should be tripping when on anti depressants.

Both of them are 5ht1a agonists. Does vortioxetine thus block LSD-'s effect, is a stronger dose needed to kick vortioxetine off the receptor? Vortioxetine's Ki is 15 nM and LSD-'s 1,1 nM.

I am on vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine („Brintellix“/„Trintellix“) is going to slightly diminish the effects of LSD simply by virtue of being a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, so you will likely need a higher dose anyway.

Primarily, LSD still acts on 5HT2A rather than 5HT1A.
I’ve read anecdotal reports that Viibryd (which is similar to vortioxetine, and more common in the US) greatly diminishes the effects of the classic 4-substituted tryptamines like Psilocybin (which have a more prounounced 5HT1A agonism than LSD does), so all in all I would assume that LSD is still going to work, it‘s just that you‘re going to need an increased dose, likely even higher than if you were only taking a regular SSRI without any 5HT1A activity.

I had to look up what it was.

Going to give a very generic answer: i don't think you should be tripping when on anti depressants.

what does that mean? vortioxetine is not just an antidepressant: it raises your IQ

anyway, my own report now. the trip felt very strong, as strong as the last one at least and I didn't feel like I had less of an experience than my friends. we all took 1/3 of a blotter.

thank you!

What do you mean, "what does that mean"?

It means I haven't heard of vortioxetine before and according to its wiki page it's an antidepressant. I didn't see a mention of it raising IQ.