Admin Attention Volunteering for BL?

geekgrl

Bluelighter
Hi All,

I'm a web developer with 15 years development experience. Does BL need any volunteers to help out? Happy to provide my RL credentials / CV / linkedin. I've used the site a lot since the 90s and wondered if there's anything I can do to help out?

I've also got a lot of experience in maintenance, technical support and bug finding / fixing, GA and GTM integration, I was mainly Front End for 6 years but I'm doing PHP too again now. Specialties are JS, HTML, CSS, UX and Marketing... but can do lots more too.

Who do I need to speak to abour this? No worries if you have things covered, I realise you may not do much new development, but I'm here and able to help if needed :)

Last edited:
Thank you for offering to help! We are, after all, a completely volunteer site. Therefore any significant work has to be done by people with the time, skill, and interest in helping out.

The caveat here is trust. Usually people don't make it to working on the site unless they've spent a good bit of time here and earned the trust of the owners & admin to have access to such things. Let me check on a few things and I'll send you a PM.

No worries, you can look me up and happy to park it till the trust is gained. You can do a lot of front end work without access though. Do you use github or anything? Pull requests? Dev sites? It really depends on your set up and access levels. Espec with my main skills being JS HTML and CSS.I guess it's hard to prove you are who you say you are. But I reckon I could contribute in some way. Have a think. I'm around. I also do strategy work, analytics, can work in preview tag man? PHP harder without test servers. Don't suppose you use docker or any modern stuff? I've no idea what tech skills are behind your infrastructure. Message me to continue as you don't want to give all this info here I'm sure.

Last edited:
Plus google tagman is super simple to preview mode. Depends on your list of needs and wants and what skills u have in the team vs any roadmap you have.

Reactions: CFC