• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol vivitrol

tuck3838

Greenlighter
Iv heard vivitrol has the ability to make you more sensative to opioids. Im wondering if it does the same for alcohol. Its been 25 days since i received the injection. I had 80 days without drinking, then i drank a box of 12.5 % wine and blacked out and was arrested. Im wondering if its just because my tolorance is gone or if the vivitrol makes my brain more sensetive to alcohol.

I think you probably blacked out cause you drank a box of wine after 80 days of sobriety.

If anything, the shot might make you less sensitive to its reinforcing effects. That would be a good think after this, as you wait for arraignment.

Not as far as I know. It was probably the fact that you drank a whole box of wine with no tolerance.

The #1 mistake made in relapse is thinking you can use anything like the amounts you did before cleaning up. This is one of the biggest causes of fatal ODs

Vivitrol / Naltrexone can reset opioid tolerance. You must quit opioids before using it though as taking it while addicted will send you into the worst protracted withdrawal ever.

Drinking a box of wine after 80 days sober is a good way to black out and do something stupid. Tolerance drops over time.

Vivatrol (Naltroxone) is specifically made so you won't feel the pleasure from drinking or opiates, as in theory it would be easy to OD

ivitrol, also known as naltrexone, is a medication used to treat alcohol and opioid dependence. While it helps reduce alcohol cravings and blocks the effects of opioids, it's important to note that individual responses to medications can vary.

Vivitrol is not known to increase sensitivity to alcohol. However, it is possible that after a period of abstinence, your tolerance for alcohol may decrease. When someone drinks after a period of sobriety, their body may not metabolize alcohol as efficiently, leading to a higher blood alcohol concentration and increased intoxication. This could potentially contribute to blackouts and increased vulnerability to legal consequences.