• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Vivid terrifying visual hallucinations from smoking dope???

Enlight Spurrett

Bluelighter
A friend of mine recently told me of an experience they had when round at a friends. They told me that they'd smoked before but had "never actually got stoned" was their exact words. After smoking a fair amount off a spliff, which didn't have a /huge/ amount of green matter in it, they started to feel unwell and started having vivid visual hallucinations. Now I know how "popping a white one" feels, but the hallucination part doesn't seem right. This person has some issues surrounding paranoia. They were also phobic of germs. What are the chances of the dope being laced with something? Could it have been some underlying psychosis issues being brought out? Anybody have an idea because I'm stumped. Thanks.

Some people greatly overstate their experiences as to not look like "a wuss" in front of others.

I would've guessed the opposite, a moderate to high sativa percentage. I dont think the chances of weed being laced are that high. Ive never accidentally gotten laced weed. Only got it ONCE... on purpose.

How old is this person? Underlying issues could be emerging, especially if they are younger. If you say this person isn't the type to exaggerate, maybe their issues are worse than what they previously told you.

As others alluded to, laced weed isn't really likely as far as I know. I'd put my money on undiagnosed afflictions of the psychological variety.

This person is a year older than me and is definitely mature. We did discuss the possibility of psychosis because they suffer from smell hallucinations but I was thinking that, that could be due to their autism (high on spectrum. None disabled). I will ask them as soon as I get chance to speak to the person they got it off and describe the buds character regarding shape, length, trichome coverage etc. Also the issue is that we barely get any high sativa strains up here so it seems unlikely. We used to get loads of sativas a few years back but as soon as we got bored of the same stuff, It's been indicas ever since. Mostly cheeses.

This person is a year older than me and is definitely mature. We did discuss the possibility of psychosis because they suffer from smell hallucinations but I was thinking that, that could be due to their autism (high on spectrum. None disabled). I will ask them as soon as I get chance to speak to the person they got it off and describe the buds character regarding shape, length, trichome coverage etc. Also the issue is that we barely get any high sativa strains up here so it seems unlikely. We used to get loads of sativas a few years back but as soon as we got bored of the same stuff, It's been indicas ever since. Mostly cheeses.

I'm thinking underlying issue coming to the surface more and more here.

But I'm no doctor, I just play one on BL.

I'm thinking psychosis. I know people personally who seem to have gone on that particular journey aided by weed.

I actually have a cousin who still smokes, and every now and then winds up in the psych ward because she figures the people on tv are talking to her and she tries to get away in her bf's car (she can't drive). This all began, as far as I know, years ago the first time she smoked weed, an event I personally witnessed.

But really, there are so many potential causes, when we think about it. Brain tumor? Weed? Other drug he didn't tell you about? Stress? Lack of sleep, etc?

I'd advise them not to touch it anymore, but that probably goes without saying.

Oh wow. That happened so quickl That's scary. So how come she still smokes?

See I know them quite well. They are naturally stresses and tired anyway due to their disabilities. Absolutely no brain tumour and doesn't use any other drugs. Last thing they used was Modafinil about 3 years ago Which never (obviously) caused any issues. And yeah they will no doubt stay away from it. It scared them too much. Thanks for the info though. Really helpful :)