View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vision quest without getting sick?

Woodburner

Bluelighter
I got a good result using pot, but it totally KO'd my sense of balance so I got major travel sickness, just by moving. It took over 24 hours to clear completely.
Nutmeg, even a dose far too low to get high on made me tired like I'd got food poisoning or fever.
Ayahuasca embraces it's accompaniment of upchucking as 'cleansing', but I'd rather not!

Are peyote and iboga also nausea inducing?
Are the chemicals any better? Though, tbh I'd rather not go that route, as I have no way of determining if anything is actually what it's supposed to be. My plant and fungi ID skills are good though. :)

+1 for LSD.

As far as having no way to determine if these substances are what they're being advertised as, there's many different reagents available to test with.

I'm not going to encourage you to try something if you've never done it or aren't comfortable with. Always do your research first and make sure it's really something you're interested in. But in my personal experience, I didn't have too much nausea on LSD. Maybe a little during the come up. But that could have just been from the mild anxiety I had as my reality slowly started to fold in on itself lol 🤷‍♂️

@TripSitterNZ Thanks, that's pretty much what I suspected.
I have some legit stuff that I can try out to enhance the pot without (hopefully) enhancing the nausea. (Most hopeful, Syrian rue (peganum harmala) and mph ~ as you can reasonably infer from the OP, I will be very careful about quantity in combination, but if you know either raises cause for concern in any combination of the above do please shout.)
Oh, and I can get KSM-66 and 5-htp too.

@Delusional Thomas Thanks, but how do I get reagents without effectively putting up a sign saying "Illegal drug user at this address!"? Also seems it won't show if it's adulterated with some new stuff.
I'm not going to encourage you to try something if you've never done it or aren't comfortable with. Always do your research first and make sure it's really something you're interested in.
I presume that's your standard disclaimer, as I'm obviously, already interested, not even about to do anything that might make me feel crappy for more than a few hours, and am doing my research. :D
My reality started folding in on itself a very long time ago, it started very slowly in fits and starts, and finally turned upside down about a year ago. There will come a time when I will be ok trying LSD, DMT etc., with available precautions, but not just yet.
For now I need to be absolutely sure of what I am taking etc..
I like your sig btw. :)

@Delusional Thomas Thanks, but how do I get reagents without effectively putting up a sign saying "Illegal drug user at this address!"? Also seems it won't show if it's adulterated with some new stuff.

I presume that's your standard disclaimer, as I'm obviously, already interested, not even about to do anything that might make me feel crappy for more than a few hours, and am doing my research. :D
My reality started folding in on itself a very long time ago, it started very slowly in fits and starts, and finally turned upside down about a year ago. There will come a time when I will be ok trying LSD, DMT etc., with available precautions, but not just yet.
For now I need to be absolutely sure of what I am taking etc..
I like your sig btw. :)
That's a good question. I actually struggled with that before ordering any of these kits. I eventually just said "fuck it" and ordered anyway because I figured it was worth the risk to know what I'm taking. You could do some research and see if any stores in your area sell reagent tests and just pay cash for them so they can't tie them to you. I haven't been able to find any place in my area that sells them though.

That is definitely my standard disclaimer lol As much as I'd love to tell everybody to try everything I've tried, I know some things aren't for everybody and experiences can/will vary. You raise a good point about tests missing new stuff. I would like to think that if the tests confirm the presence of LSD, that there would be no need to add any other substances or newer RCs because LSD is powerful enough on its own. Unless your shit is coming directly from a trusted chemist, you may never be 100% sure. And as far as DMT goes, if you can find a safe reliable source for the root bark(s), you could extract your own smokable DMT or make ayahuasca.

I stole the idea for my sig from Flatbush Zombies. A rap group that is very open about their psychedelic use 😁

But back to nausea while on the natural substances. Have you tried taking something to combat the nausea? There's some over the counter and prescription meds that may do wonders for you as long as they're safe to mix. There's many natural remedies too. I plan to eat/drink some ginger next time I do mushrooms because I always feel suuuper nauseous during the come up. It might be difficult to avoid with some of the more intense natural psychedelics. I have yet to try ayahuasca, but all I hear about is people shitting and throwing up the whole time lol Others may have different experiences though.

That's a good question. I actually struggled with that before ordering any of these kits. I eventually just said "fuck it" and ordered anyway because I figured it was worth the risk to know what I'm taking. You could do some research and see if any stores in your area sell reagent tests and just pay cash for them so they can't tie them to you. I haven't been able to find any place in my area that sells them though.

That is definitely my standard disclaimer lol As much as I'd love to tell everybody to try everything I've tried, I know some things aren't for everybody and experiences can/will vary. You raise a good point about tests missing new stuff. I would like to think that if the tests confirm the presence of LSD, that there would be no need to add any other substances or newer RCs because LSD is powerful enough on its own. Unless your shit is coming directly from a trusted chemist, you may never be 100% sure. And as far as DMT goes, if you can find a safe reliable source for the root bark(s), you could extract your own smokable DMT or make ayahuasca.

I stole the idea for my sig from Flatbush Zombies. A rap group that is very open about their psychedelic use 😁

But back to nausea while on the natural substances. Have you tried taking something to combat the nausea? There's some over the counter and prescription meds that may do wonders for you as long as they're safe to mix. There's many natural remedies too. I plan to eat/drink some ginger next time I do mushrooms because I always feel suuuper nauseous during the come up. It might be difficult to avoid with some of the more intense natural psychedelics. I have yet to try ayahuasca, but all I hear about is people shitting and throwing up the whole time lol Others may have different experiences though.

I doubt that I will be able to find anywhere either. I'll try and find out if I could get some from a clean needle type of place, if there is any in the UK.
I read the LSD test thread, and it seems there is fake stuff out there. :(

I like the idea of extracting my own DMT, and in my normal way, I looked up what other plants that have DMT might I be able to grow here, and BINGO! There's a very attractive grass, that I'm pretty sure I have seen for sale in garden centres. (The name is familiar, as well as pictures.) And as if I needed any more encouragement to go looking for it, it is also a good water filter plant, like some reeds that are used to purify grey water. LMAO, it's more legal than GYO pot! I also know lots of food/herbs that have natural MAOI, from my days of self medicating ADHD, stress and depression with diet. So yes! I might even be able to make non puke inducing ayahuasca! (Assuming it's not the DMT itself that causes the nausea.)

I have a tendency to miss the obvious sometimes, although to be fair, I have only had the one episode. I will look into travel sickness meds and natural remedies. Ginger is a natural MAOI too IIRC.
Many thanks for your suggestions and input. :)

Never attempt to get DMT from grasses. They contain extreme neurotoxins that kill cattle / sheep and very very little dmt or next to none.

Fake LSD mimics are very rare these days compared to the previous years but still a test kit is always good very easy to get in any headshop.

I doubt that I will be able to find anywhere either. I'll try and find out if I could get some from a clean needle type of place, if there is any in the UK.
I read the LSD test thread, and it seems there is fake stuff out there. :(

I like the idea of extracting my own DMT, and in my normal way, I looked up what other plants that have DMT might I be able to grow here, and BINGO! There's a very attractive grass, that I'm pretty sure I have seen for sale in garden centres. (The name is familiar, as well as pictures.) And as if I needed any more encouragement to go looking for it, it is also a good water filter plant, like some reeds that are used to purify grey water. LMAO, it's more legal than GYO pot! I also know lots of food/herbs that have natural MAOI, from my days of self medicating ADHD, stress and depression with diet. So yes! I might even be able to make non puke inducing ayahuasca! (Assuming it's not the DMT itself that causes the nausea.)

I have a tendency to miss the obvious sometimes, although to be fair, I have only had the one episode. I will look into travel sickness meds and natural remedies. Ginger is a natural MAOI too IIRC.
Many thanks for your suggestions and input. :)
No problem! Happy to share the little bit I know. I envy your natural approach to things. I've become way too fond of chemicals and pharmaceuticals over the years lol

Never attempt to get DMT from grasses. They contain extreme neurotoxins that kill cattle / sheep and very very little dmt or next to none.

Fake LSD mimics are very rare these days compared to the previous years but still a test kit is always good very easy to get in any headshop.
I was just reading something about DMT extractions with phalaris grass and some of the less than favorable alkaloids it contains. My chemistry knowledge is little to none though, so I usually tap out when I read "alkaloids" or "molecules" 😂 The more I explore these substances, the more I realize I need to brush up on basic chemistry before I try to study these plants and drugs.

Thanks for the heads up @TripSitterNZ , There was a link to a page with info on 'how to', but it was broken, so I'm guessing it's a lot more complicated than fractional distillation. My chemistry is not too shabby at all, but (hopefully) it's going to be a few years yet before I am free to try anything even potentially dodgy. I do love chemistry though, so I will do the research long before that, lol probably start tonight, or even when I finish this post >.< I still have a few minutes before I have to get ready to go out. :D

I z
I got a good result using pot, but it totally KO'd my sense of balance so I got major travel sickness, just by moving. It took over 24 hours to clear completely.
Nutmeg, even a dose far too low to get high on made me tired like I'd got food poisoning or fever.
Ayahuasca embraces it's accompaniment of upchucking as 'cleansing', but I'd rather not!

Are peyote and iboga also nausea inducing?
Are the chemicals any better? Though, tbh I'd rather not go that route, as I have no way of determining if anything is actually what it's supposed to be. My plant and fungi ID skills are good though. :)

Eating mescaline cacti made me somewhat nauseaus. Which was quite uncomfortable. I only eat synthetic mescaline since then. Which never made me sick. I didn't get sick from iboga or ibogaine. Although many other psychedelics are great without being nauseau inducing. There's too many to name.

@TripSitterNZ Thanks, that's pretty much what I suspected.
I have some legit stuff that I can try out to enhance the pot without (hopefully) enhancing the nausea. (Most hopeful, Syrian rue (peganum harmala) and mph ~ as you can reasonably infer from the OP, I will be very careful about quantity in combination, but if you know either raises cause for concern in any combination of the above do please shout.)
Oh, and I can get KSM-66 and 5-htp too.

I presume you mean weed +syrian rue or weed + mph; don't mix syrian rue + mph. The synthetics mostly have less nausea esp. LSD. Tryptamines and 2Cs can have nausea. TBH doing Ayahuasca changed my view of puking and it is best just embracing it than running scared

@Sir Ron Pib Thanks for the heads up, I would have worked up to weed + both, but on the way into the next/latest trip, I realised I should have tried travel sickness tabs! Certainly 30mg mph didn't significantly reduce the dizziness, I just knew to keep from moving too much.
It's not the upchucking per se that concerns me, rather it's the nausea dizziness* lasting well into the next day. I won't/can't drive in that state, and wouldn't want to be seen walking, holding on to stuff or swaying either, so I can't try anything if I need to go shopping, or am expecting visitors the next day. (Until I find something that helps with the vertigo.)
e.g. I need to go to the shops tomorrow, so can't do anything tonight. In many ways it's not a big deal, but if I can prevent the nausea, or stop it reliably in the morning, I could try a higher dose of weed, and might get a more 'immersive' experience. (So far only got a variation on lucid dreaming.)

*edited mistake
The dizziness caused nausea when I moved to get water, first time round. Second time I stayed as stil as ossible, but got terrible dry mouth . . . This time I'll take some ginger ale to bed with me. :)

Last edited:
LSD, mushrooms-do not eat for 3 hours before taking them and if nausea occurs eat or drink some ginger, and large doses of edible or smoked cannabis/hash. Do not drive after taking these drugs, and make sure you have a large block of time to trip.

LSD is probably the least nausea inducing of the bunch, but ALL psychedelics can make you chuck if your hiding something deep inside.

Mescaline isn’t bad so long as you either prep the tea right, or use a fairly clean extract. Don’t use alcohol extracts, make a blended tea, or try eating the cactus straight. Also consume the Mescaline slowly over an hour if your taking extract.

Surprisingly my only time I got nausea on Mescaline was a time I took 250mg Mescaline acetate all at once and when it hit I was doubled over. Since then I take the acetate slowly.

DMT smoked usually doesn’t produce nausea unless your new and go in way too deep. Start low and work your way into DMT. IMO it’s better to slowly get acquainted with deems. It took me a few years before I felt comfortable breaking through and I feel my relationship with DMT is different to most because of it. (DMT treats me very good compared to others. Often my trips are filled love to the point of tears, and joy for everything I’m grateful for.. Unless I’ve been a bad boy of course ;) heh. But that’s rare.)

The two times I’ve seen nausea with DMT was higher doses in new users.

Mushrooms are generally more nausea inducing but not bad.

Aya is... well ya lol.

I wouldn’t write off synthetics either cuz truly some mystical states can be achieved with some of them as well. I’m more of a natural psychedelic guy myself too (DMT and Mescaline are my favs) but LSD, MDMA and MDA are ones that all blossoming psychedelic enthusiasts must try.

Reagents won’t Mark you and if your really worried about it there’s other ways. Are you US? Depending where you live, DanceSafe or Bunk Police may operate in your town. You could try contacting a local rep/volunteer and level with them that you don’t want to mark your address. Even offer to toss them a few bucks for their time cuz they will be doing you a pretty big favor.

That said, I wouldn’t worry about reagents being sent to your home. The package is discreet. It’s sent domestic so no customs. Really not much risk. I’d only be worried if you live in an area that has VERY backwards drug laws. (Like Florida Lol.)

-GC

@PriestTheyCalledHim I can't get shrooms or LSD (atm, hopefully one day in the future . . . ) but ty for the heads up.
As for not driving, and the time needed for a trip, I already mentioned them as bigger problems than the nausea. ;)

@G_Chem Thanks for the info. :) I haven't totally written synthetics off, but I can't get any anyway. I probably could get MDMA actually, but I know someone that was administered it in hospital (psych ward) and was comatose for days after . . . If he hadn't been in hospital already it would almost certainly have killed him. MDMA = Russian roulette. I'll make more effort finding reagents when the time comes.

Forgot to say, UK drug laws are illogical as well as totally backwards. I sometimes think that anything that might help with ADHD has been banned for fear of someone becoming 'limitless'. But then melatonin is also illegal, so go figure. :rolleyes:

@PriestTheyCalledHim I can't get shrooms or LSD (atm, hopefully one day in the future . . . ) but ty for the heads up.
As for not driving, and the time needed for a trip, I already mentioned them as bigger problems than the nausea. ;)

@G_Chem Thanks for the info. :) I haven't totally written synthetics off, but I can't get any anyway. I probably could get MDMA actually, but I know someone that was administered it in hospital (psych ward) and was comatose for days after . . . If he hadn't been in hospital already it would almost certainly have killed him. MDMA = Russian roulette. I'll make more effort finding reagents when the time comes.

No problem man :) and whoever told you that about MDMA is lying their ass off...

MDMA is currently highly scheduled in all countries with no current medical use. MAPS organization in the US is trying to change that but they are still in the clinical trial phase.

MDMA is actually very safe if used in responsible doses with not much unpredictability to it. Hence it’s use as a party drug, if it was too unpredictable people would avoid it.

Now if there is even a grain of truth to that story, my guess is the person was referencing Ketamine. Ketamine is also a club drug used alongside MDMA, but it’s also used to anesthetize both humans and animals for a number of reasons. It’s very possible it was used to “calm someone down” when in reality it does the opposite. (It calms them down from an outsider perspective.)

In fact most health care professionals have no clue about the full effects of the Ketamine they give to people. My girl is a doc and one time there was a patient on high doses of Ketamine and the nurses couldn’t figure out why the lady thought everyone were cats lol. Thankfully she was able to correct that situation but to most that work in that field Ketamine is just another anesthetic.

-GC

It was about 25 years ago, I doubt that it was even licensed at all for anything back then, my guess is that it was experimental. It was his mother that told me. The conversation was "How's Xxxxx doing?" "He's still in a coma." "Did you say coma?!!" "Oh, I thought you knew . . . He was in hospital, and they gave him MDMA* but it didn't work and he went into a coma." I figured she must have misunderstood, but I rephrased my questions, e.g. "Do you really mean they gave it to him in the hospital or do you mean that's why he was taken to hospital?" "No, he was already in hospital." and "Was it definitely MDMA? I thought that was a party drug . ." etc. She was obviously getting peeved with my q's so I stopped.

Many years later, probably around the anniversary of Leah Betts death, I did some online research into the stuff. Yes it is safer in many ways than Heroin or other addictive drugs, but on rare occasions, it does kill, and the doctors don't know why. Even people that have previously taken it, have died from the same dose in seemingly the same circumstances. ("Seemingly" is my addition, as I suspect that there has to have been some variation that the doctors were not aware of.)
Imho, your explanation is definitely plausible. I presume Ketamine could potentially put someone (possibly on other psych meds, too) into a coma?

*tbh I can't now be absolutely sure whether she said MDMA or E, either way she was a medical professional, and her late husband was a GP, plus Xxxxx was in and out of the psych ward all the time, so presumably knew the difference between Ketamine and MDMA!

Pure mdma is quite safe as long you aint in a overheated place if you have taken a large dose. The only time i thought i was going to die on mdma when i took a dose which would probably kill first time users (600 mg) i just put a fan on myself and rolled into the heavens for hours and hours.

Mdma at 100-120 mg is very safe if you just watch yourself sip at some water cool down if your getting to hot.

Id say go with LSD and go a magical spiritual life long journey with the magic of this universe.

I'll post a link to the article/paper if I ever find it again. It went into quite a lot of detail of more than one case. Safety - all things are relative.
Important point that^ "sip". I did a quick google earlier, and found that poor Leah actually died of drinking too much water. :( I don't think that was made clear at the time, and I'm wondering when the information was released. Maybe the drug manufacurers/docs have found out why it is occasionally fatal since I last looked into it.
By all accounts, MDMA doesn't give the results I am after anyway.