• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Visine causing long term eye diseases?

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
I've recently read that overuse of visine or clear eyes for the non-intended use can cause the diseases like glaucoma and such that the solution is trying to avoid.
My friend also told me that I shouldn't use it too often for this same reason.

I like to use visine when I'm going out because I don't personally like how my eyes look when they're red. It's like a psychological barrier for other people idk. They kinda just tend to only talk about how high I am and how red my eyes are. Especially girls. I also don't like to have "bleeding red" eyes when I'm talking to my parent because I just feel shameful although they know I smoke.

So basically I use visine in these situations. (Not always though)
I'm just wondering if they're can be any serious eye health risks.

And yes I do smoke a lot. But I would say I actually use visine 40% or even less of the time despite my actual preferences. I usually just get high n don't care but sometimes I do.

anything could be true. typically red eyes are associated with strong doses, so if you find it uncomfortable for people to note how stoned you look then maybe try getting less stoned next time, avoid the red eyes and perhaps nobody will bring it up.

Chronic Long-Term Visine Exposure To The Eyes Can AND WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR OCULAR VISION THAT IS A FACT DUE TO MUCH FREQUENT AND STRONG EYE BLOOD VESSEL SHRINKAGE ESSENTIALLY BASICALLY.

I've used visine (well, over here it's called minhavez, but I assume they are the same thing, eye drops that make your eyes go from bright red to bright white in 30 seconds or something) for years and years, a few years almost constantly. Didn't really develop much problems except for one thing: my eyes have trouble staying wet by themselves. If there is any strong winds or sharp sun or another source if mild irritation my eyes will start to water a lot, sometimes so much it looks like I'm crying. My doctor says this is because I have developed dry eyes from overusing visine. I didn't even tell him I used visine so I assume he is right, as he recognized it and correctly concluded I've used that stuff way way too much. This is something I did not experience before I started to use the stuff so I also think it's caused by using it so much. But all in all that's just a small discomfort, not real vision damage...