• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Virgin Raw Organic Coconut Oil and Cannabis Edible Potential

drscience

Bluelighter
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to infuse shatter into coconut oil, so I can add it to my protein smoothies.

Is heat required to activate the cannabinoids?

Thx in advance. :)

Yes, you may place decarbed hash oil (shatter in your case) into any edible or coconut cooking oil with great results.

Most shatter I see is indeed NOT decarbed (easily identified by labels on the product), however it's very possible that yours could be completely activated. There are several factors to consider but your best bet would be to ask the manufacturer how much of their shatter is activated for oral consumption.

Not having this information (THC, THCA levels) makes most concentrates a crap shoot for edibles, meaning you very well may waste your product if you can't gather this information first. It's not like you can just look at it and tell like you can with flowers (bright green colors is a dead giveaway the flower is NOT decarbed).

Thx for the reply.

So would I just basically put some coconut oil in a small pot and add shatter to it? Im just wondering if there's a recipe or process that is most efficient,

It depends on how you want to make your food. Do you need a lot of cooking oil or do your recipes only call for a small amount?

A small pot would be too much unless you are making a lot it seems. A 1/4 gram smothered in oil would probably fit in a spoon. Using gentle heat to mix it only. I would use that and then pick it up with an eye dropper.

I believe the most efficient way would be to use a direct inject method, never having to mix it with the oil. This method works for most foods. All you have to do is place the hash oil in the food directly about half way through cooking/baking it. This way no product ever touches the sides of a pot or anything, you only need to be careful about how much oil goes where.

I realize the direct inject method isn't the always the best tasting or flexible as just using coconut oil, but it can be extremely efficient.