• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Vincamine; brand 'Oxybral SR', 'Apovincamine'

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
Vincamine

175px-Vincamine.svg.png

Apparently a nootropic & anti-aging (increases blood flow to brain), its synthetic derivative (for ownership purposes with big pharma, presumably) Vinpocetine has more on it in WP (it's pretty much just an ethyl from a methyl).

i.e.
200px-Vinpocetine.svg.png

increases 3,4-Dihydroxyphenylacetic acid, dopamine metabolite product, possible related to its efficacy somehow triggering a response? "Full remission" within 3-4 wks.

Interesting compound

Don't these also mess with DNA synthesis or something?

Don't these also mess with DNA synthesis or something?

Not sure, was interested in how they differ from other nootropics; which are usually stimulants, am I correct? These seem to deal with just prioritizing basic nutrient / brain blood flow, etc.

Vinblastine / vincristine are the ones I was thinking of (they are also vinca alkaloids) - chemo drugs, nasty tox profile, not nootropics at all et cetera.

Vinpocetine seems to have some utility, at the very least it is well tolerated in the general population or so the studies say. Vincamine is presumably less "drug-like" e.g. shorter half life and lager doses needed, but don't take my word for it, I haven't done much reading into these.

Vincamine

175px-Vincamine.svg.png

Apparently a nootropic & anti-aging (increases blood flow to brain), its synthetic derivative (for ownership purposes with big pharma, presumably) Vinpocetine has more on it in WP (it's pretty much just an ethyl from a methyl).

i.e.
200px-Vinpocetine.svg.png

increases 3,4-Dihydroxyphenylacetic acid, dopamine metabolite product, possible related to its efficacy somehow triggering a response? "Full remission" within 3-4 wks.

Interesting compound

I'm going to test this out again. I got my hands on some a long time ago but it was no longer available. I found it much more stimulating than vinpocetine especially at 60 mg. Has anyone used this indole? Revisiting the research it looks to be more psychoactive than I first believed.

"Minerva Med. 1975 Oct 20;66(70):3683-5.
Psychoactive effect of vincamine in a group of subjects affected by recurrent depressive syndrome.

It is felt that vincamine has a clinically appreciable psychoactive action."

"Eur J Pharmacol. 1996 Oct 24;314(1-2):69-73.
Vincamine and vincanol are potent blockers of voltage-gated Na+ channels."

Nice. I've been looking for a good sub for phenibut/gabapentin. I've tried Silexan and while it's helpful for sleep and anxiety I don't think it's strong enough as a NA blocker.

"Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Sep;136(3):314-9. doi: 10.1007/s12011-009-8550-3. Epub 2009 Nov 10.
Brain trace element concentration of rats treated with the plant alkaloid, vincamine.

Vincamine administration resulted in approximately 50% reduction in brain Fe concentration which suggests its beneficial effect to prevent the oxidative stress of Fe in neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and Huntington's diseases."

Weird so it's like a magnet for the brain.

Last edited: