• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vicodin predicament

chronich

Greenlighter
Alright so I was prescribed 20 vicodin for my back along with flexeril because my lower lumber is in a lot of pain and I've had xrays MRIS the whole shebang. Anyways it's been 21 days since I saw the doctor and when it was filled. Should I call in asking for a refill right now or wait? I am in pain still and I've been having to pay extra out of pocket to get stuff on the streets because one 5mg vicodin a day isn't cutting it. So did my Dr. just give me a small amount as a test if I would call in very soon or did he expect it to last a whole month?

I really just need to know what I should do in this situation just call in for a refill now or wait another 9 days for my next appointment wit him. I just don't want him to think I'm drug seeking or something if he thinks I only needed 20 for a month. I also may just be over thinking it and calling in for more is fine. I would appreciate it if someone who gets prescribed opiods from their primary care doctor for back pain and what they do in situations like these. Or even tell me calling in early will make him cut me off for supposed drug seeking. I would really like a refill though because the streets aren't cheap.

Also on a whole different question I just started taking methylprednisolone for my inflammation and I don't know if it's because I'm withdrawling from opiods or it's the steroid but my leg feels stiff and restless any advice on what might be causing that and what could I take such as potassium supplements or so on and so forth.

Your doctor only prescribed you 20 pills? That isn't even a minimal amount for the month, I would think he'd script you at least 30.

On the bottle, do the directions say to take once a day? If so, you should have no problem getting a refill. But with docs and narcotics, you'll have to actually go to the office and pick up the paper script rather than just calling it in. I'm sure you know that though.

I am also on Cyclobenzaprine 10mg. It's okay, combined with Tizanidine it's way better, but it sure will knock you out if you're not careful.

I'm prescribed Percocet 7.5 and Vicodin 7.5, but I get them at different times, a few weeks apart. Not sure why I'm on both. I always call the pharmacy to ask when my script can be refilled (close to the due date of course) and THEN call my doctor's office and ask if I can pick up a script. You just have to make sure the pharmacy can fill it or else they'll just label you in the system for running out of your narcotics too early.

I hope this helps! Maybe someone else can chime in regarding the methylprednisone.

The bottle says 1-2 every 6 hours which is why I don't understand he only prescribed me 20 but I am only 20 years old so maybe that has something to do with it. Also I must add he seems a little stingy when it comes to pain meds. Yet he has no problem filling my adderall, but whatever I digress, but thanks for the info I might call in the office asking for a refill today.

Alright so I was prescribed 20 vicodin for my back along with flexeril because my lower lumber is in a lot of pain and I've had xrays MRIS the whole shebang. Anyways it's been 21 days since I saw the doctor and when it was filled. Should I call in asking for a refill right now or wait? I am in pain still and I've been having to pay extra out of pocket to get stuff on the streets because one 5mg vicodin a day isn't cutting it. So did my Dr. just give me a small amount as a test if I would call in very soon or did he expect it to last a whole month?

I really just need to know what I should do in this situation just call in for a refill now or wait another 9 days for my next appointment wit him. I just don't want him to think I'm drug seeking or something if he thinks I only needed 20 for a month. I also may just be over thinking it and calling in for more is fine. I would appreciate it if someone who gets prescribed opiods from their primary care doctor for back pain and what they do in situations like these. Or even tell me calling in early will make him cut me off for supposed drug seeking. I would really like a refill though because the streets aren't cheap.

Also on a whole different question I just started taking methylprednisolone for my inflammation and I don't know if it's because I'm withdrawling from opiods or it's the steroid but my leg feels stiff and restless any advice on what might be causing that and what could I take such as potassium supplements or so on and so forth.
Try taking them only when you really need them, what your doing is how you get addicted, maybe your doctor is looking out for you making sure you dont take a pill everyday for the whole month and get addicted

I have been in a similar situation and I called the doctors office and explained my situation that I was in pain and that I was out of pills prior to my appointment and the doctor gave me a refill but wanted me to come in to pick up the script and speak with him. If you were legitimately in pain and your x-rays and MRIs show damage that could be causing you pain you have every right to request a refill. Just be honest with him and explain your symptoms to him. Unfortunately some people judge by appearances so anytime I go to see my PM Dr. I always dress nice business like as if I'm going to work which I usually am after or before the appointment. I know it sounds kind of foolish but a nurse and Dr both told me that they always look at the appearance and Demeanor of the patient when it comes to prescribing pain medication. Unfortunately the state I live in is very strict due to past pain medication problems

However I would take the above posters advice only take these things as needed. Unfortunately some of us need them daily.

Update: So I called in and they got me a refill for another 20. So I think he's only going prescribe me small amounts at a time because he is scared I'll pop them all at once. Anyways he didn't want to speak with me or anything I just talked to the assistant but she called back saying the doctor was asking if I was still in pain then I just said yes and then he wrote me a script. I Also know the risks of addiction I've done them for fun in my younger years. I know the risks but when I rarely sleep from the pain I'll take my chances for now and hopefully 5 days from now when I'm done with these steroid my back will be better along with my physical therapy. I also thought it was interesting he prescribed me the 5-300mg's it says new on the bottle I think that's cool they are making them with less tylenol now.

Also another thing the other day when I took my first dose of steroids I took a 15 mg oxy and I don't know if it potentiated them or not but I sure did feel better then I normally do on that amount. So is it possible methylprednisolone potentiates opiods?

Also another thing the other day when I took my first dose of steroids I took a 15 mg oxy and I don't know if it potentiated them or not but I sure did feel better then I normally do on that amount. So is it possible methylprednisolone potentiates opiods?
No potentiation! You are taking the steroids in step down doses? Like 6 day 1,5 day 2,etc..? If you really do have back pain and it's nothing to serious the roids will have you feeling 100% by the time you finish. I wish you well and hope it's not chronic!

No potentiation! You are taking the steroids in step down doses? Like 6 day 1,5 day 2,etc..? If you really do have back pain and it's nothing to serious the roids will have you feeling 100% by the time you finish. I wish you well and hope it's not chronic!

Yes it's exactly as you described it's a 6 day plan also when I stop will I withdrawal or anything? Like should I have some vitamins or supplements ready to take after day 6? Like for example coming off a adderall or molly binge and you take 5htp or something or is that not how that works? Also how safe is it for me to be taking my vicodin and maybe some klonopin while on these I don't know much about them.

You take it in step down doses to prevent things like fatigue or muscle weakness but no once you stop you won't withdrawal. Take it as prescribed and you will be fine it's just a potent NSAID(like Alleve or Advil). There definetly is no problem taking with a pain killer as they are usually prescribed together and my educated guess is the klonnys won't be a problem either.

Are you taking opiates with steroids or calling vicodin steroids? Also make sure to withdrawl conpletely and then start getting high