• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vicodin. Morphine. Withdrawal

Burt.D

Greenlighter
I don't know if this belongs here so let me know please and thank you. I've been hooked on Vicodin for like 3 months now. 10mg hydrocodone, been taking about 5 a day. Well yesterday I ran out and can't get anymore. I'm addicted and want to slowly work my way off of them. I don't want to quit cold turkey and have bad with drawals. But I do have liquid oral morphine. If I use the morphine will I still have the withdrawals from hydrocodone. Or since it is also an opiate will I not get any withdrawals???

hello, you are fine with the morphine, you will not have any withdrawals for sure since both are opiates and morphine is even powerful, they both go on the same transmiters,receptors. oral morphine has a low biovalability but for getting rid of the withdrawal it's perfect.

Going from hydrocodone to morphine is the wrong direction IMO if you want to kick opioids.

Yes, taking morphine will eliminate the hydrocodone withdrawl as it is an opiate. It's important to note that you won't be any closer to getting off the opioids. You would still need to appropriately taper off the morphine by converting your hydrocodone dose to the equivalent morphine dose and then work your way down.