• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

VG/VP Extractions for ecig use.

pillzeh

Greenlighter
Hey, so made an account just for this topic.

Anybody have experience with making their own thc ecig oil? Once I get my next check I'm planning on using 5g of some good quality buds and using a mix of VG/PG. anybody have any tips? Doing a bit more research but can't wait to get this started and mess around till I get it perfect.

I've done a bit -

Dont use VG, it's much more viscous than PG and e-liquid using it seems to need to be 'thinned' with about 10% water to avoid a burnt taste, probably because it doesn't move through the wick so easily. Plus it's probably a worse solvent for THC than PG, and it usually contains 15% water to start with.

You'll probably have to make oil from the weed first then dissolve that in PG, I tried to dissolve hash in PG and it was hopeless, doubt it would work any better with buds.

Even the oil probably wont dissolve in PG, I dissolved it in acetone or IPA, then added PG and heated the open bottle in a pan of hot water until most of the acetone/IPA had evaporated.

I still had problems with viscosity and hits tasting burnt sometimes, best bet should be to use a clearomizer with a thick wick, keep voltage low. Probably gets worse the more concentrated you make the liquid, could be a problem if you need a lot to get high.

I'm cool with the guys at my local vape shop, they make their own eliquid they told me they would give me the base liquid 0 nicotine without flavoring. Think it would extract well enough in a mix of VG/PG

Definitely make oil via qwiso or butane method. It could take two weeks for it to dissolve and takes heating and agitation. It can be fine but it's a pain. Getting the right ratio is the trick