• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin very very strange withdrawals

e92

Bluelighter
i've only had 1 long battle with opiates, nearly 4 years ago. and since then they've all been relapse binges. 1 week, 2 week, 1 month MAX. so i know what mild opiate withdrawal is like too.

recently i went on a 10 day heroin binge. and i used quite a lot. it was the first time i got withdrawal symptoms within hours of my last dose. i was certain this detox was gonna suck.

my last dose was yesterday at 5am. started getting withdrawal symptoms around 10am started feeling very cold. sweats. feeling weak in the legs. so i took some klonopin and got in bed. i fell asleep till around 9pm, i woke up with full blown withdrawals. felt hopeless, like this was never gonna end, hot cold sweats, chills, no appetite, anxiety, couldnt get comfortable. laying in a fetal position. literally wanted to scream and cry. didnt wanna see anybody, didnt wanna talk to anybody, was ignorning all my calls and texts

so i took some klonopin again and fell asleep, and now i just woke up its 3:40am and i feel fucking great. definitely not 100% good, but like 75%. my body temperature is still a bit off but wow, it actually feels like the worst is over.

thoughts?

Sounds like you're in the clear. Sometimes when you're brain expects withdrawal it can trick your body into having some very real feeling symptoms.

You probably didn't use long enough to have any real physical dependence and withdrawal this time, luckily. It was probably all mental. The clonazepam probably relaxed your mind enough to make it go away.

I bet you feel mildly dopesick for a few days while the junk clears your system, then you feel fine.

Sounds like you're in the clear. Sometimes when you're brain expects withdrawal it can trick your body into having some very real feeling symptoms.

You probably didn't use long enough to have any real physical dependence and withdrawal this time, luckily. It was probably all mental. The clonazepam probably relaxed your mind enough to make it go away.

I bet you feel mildly dopesick for a few days while the junk clears your system, then you feel fine.
Ya as wants2nod said you definitely didn't use enough to establish a "real" physical dependence, however that doesn't mean you're just going to escape unscathed- heavy use followed by abrupt discontinuation along with some placebo effects is definitely gonna give you some discomfort, but nonetheless a rapid recovery should be expected.

And as further reminder against your opiate usage in the future, if you think that's bad, try using like that for YEARS and see how the withdrawals are then...

This seems to happen a lot, I go on binges like that too and feel like crap for a couple days max and then I'm fine.. Unlike the big mamma jamma withdrawals that last a week sometimes longer depending on the opioid you were using.

Pfftt. I dunno, WD often comes in waves, in particular, night is often 10X worse than day.

This seems to happen a lot, I go on binges like that too and feel like crap for a couple days max and then I'm fine.. Unlike the big mamma jamma withdrawals that last a week sometimes longer depending on the opioid you were using.

big mamma jamma withdrawals. I had to quote this because that is a freaking awesome name for them. I could see some hawaiian guy withdrawaling and saying that.

To OP: clonazepam has a very long halflife. It might be that it built up enough in your system from the doses to get rid of the mental effects of mild withdrawals. I would use this as a teaching tool for yourself and just steer clear of opiates. The intense big mamma jamma withdrawals are a whole different ballgame.

Pfftt. I dunno, WD often comes in waves, in particular, night is often 10X worse than day.

Excellent point...when the mind is left to wander at night, symptoms tend to get way worse. Restless legs at night can make even a mild withdrawal incredibly annoying.

Big mamma jamma withdrawals...LOL- when it's the third day of a bad cold turkey kick and you literally want to crawl out of your skin because the nausea and stomach cramps and bone pain and panic attacks have finally become too much to take and your laying crumpled on the bathroom floor begging for an end, you're dealing with some big mamma jamma withdrawals.

Excellent point...when the mind is left to wander at night, symptoms tend to get way worse. Restless legs at night can make even a mild withdrawal incredibly annoying.

Big mamma jamma withdrawals...LOL- when it's the third day of a bad cold turkey kick and you literally want to crawl out of your skin because the nausea and stomach cramps and bone pain and panic attacks have finally become too much to take and your laying crumpled on the bathroom floor begging for an end, you're dealing with some big mamma jamma withdrawals.

Haha, no doubt about it big mamma jamma withdrawals are the worst. They'd make even the biggest toughest mamma wanna jamma railroad spike through his temple.

Feeling 100% yet OP?

I agree with what Wants2Nod mentioned. You tricked your brain. You gave yourself anxiety about the withdrawals. been there done that lol. i understand.

if klonies helped you sleep for so long means you have minor withdrawals because even with benzos ih ardly get sleep during WDs unless i take enough to kill a horse LOL and itll still only be 30 mins- hour . IMO, thats me.

yeah so now get your ass IRL and have fun with humans. thats the only thing we addicts can replace opiate addiction with! HUMAN INTERACTION!

How ya feelin now?the internet is pulling for you!!!

Like whateveryouwill said , I also have to take enough to kill a horse to sleep . I wake up at hour 12-14 at 4-5 am I'm freezing shaking cold I take 20-30 mg Valium to just make it bareable to get out of bed and not be so cold from opiate withdrawals otherwise I'm so cold I can't even go in my balcony to smoke weed....