• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Very scared .. brain damage from overdose

Relapz

Bluelighter
So last night I got drunk and did some Heroin. I fell asleep and when I came to like 6 hours later I was extremely disorientated and remember thinking if maybe I had died ... I was extremely disorientated and stil am 3 hours later.

I'm really worried I may have overdid it and may have permanent damage from lack of lack of oxygen..

My symptoms were / are

Severe headache
Throwing up
Disorientated / disconnected from reality
Overall feeling of stupidity

Please help me

You might be having some withdrawals from the sound of things. How often do you use heroin? Mixing it with alcohol is never a good idea and probably contributing to your being sick. Try drinking sips of water to rehydrate yourself.

I really don't think that's it, I am well versed in heroin use and what it's like to be sick, the only other variable here is alcohol and I drank a lot

But I've been clean off heroin for 3 months yesterday was the first time in 3 months but I've been using fentanyl powder for the past 10 days

trust me man, you would know if you had
i was in a coma for a week and had to learn to walk again. just get some rest and take it as a lesson learnt.

Don't worry about brain damage, you will get better. Just rest and eat if you can. Give it time.

It's not a clasic overdose but yeah you are in a situation where you took more than you can handle.I've been there. You'll be ok.

Brains can take a beating. Your probably recovering from an OD, but I wouldn't worry about brain damage unless you have more severe or long persisting symptoms. If you're really worried about it, get some peace of mind from your doctor. You'll sleep much better

Its definitely possible you have done some damage. It seems ridiculous that people on here would say otherwise. Thankfully not enough to put you in a coma but it could have been that one time where things just arent quite right ever again. Stay optimistic though you'll probably be able to recover for the most part, but I dont see a point in choosing to ignore the obvious which is that those things can harm you.